Whats is Hextech?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

I tried all the LoL wikis that I could google and Im still not sure what is hextech. I think its a company that makes and/or finds weapons and other gear but please correct me if I am wrong.

Velve

11-19-2010

While I do not know for certain, I get the feeling it is sort of.. a craft which mixes magic (Hence the Hex part) and technology (Obviously Tech, ergo; Hextech?).

Seems to be implied by the 'hextech' items, obviously the Hextech Gunblade is a gun, which is technology, though numerous items its made from are quite magicy, and there are the glowing runes along it if I remember correctly, denoting the magic.

All just a presumption on my part. One thing is blatant though, that it is heavily Steampunk influenced, just modified to fit a bit more smoothly into the setting, which is fine by me.

Contrasttoflife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

It is like Magitech is in Dungeons and dragons, its mechanical/steampunkish devices with magical augmentations.

Silverling

11-19-2010

Hextech is basically Runterra Steampunk from what I've seen...

GhostlightLOL

11-19-2010

I love Hextech. I'd like to see a Hextech skin available for every champion. Consider it sold.

Telsi

11-19-2010

Thank you all for the information ^-^

Skribbles

Associate Writer

11-19-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Short Answer:
Hextech is a slang term for techmaturgy. Think of it as technology fueled by magic. (As opposed to steampunk, which is technology fueled by/based on steam power.)

Vuther

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skribbles View Post
Short Answer:
Hextech is a slang term for techmaturgy. Think of it as technology fueled by magic. (As opposed to steampunk, which is technology fueled by/based on steam power.)
But they do look rather alike.

Skribbles

Associate Writer

11-19-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
But they do look rather alike.
I don't know what you're talking about. :-p

aymanh

11-19-2010

Hey alex !

nice to see u in the Forums