Duplicate champions in Normal ARAM since 3.12 patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Waffles

10-02-2013

Before this patch, I had never once seen a duplicate champion in a NORMAL ARAM game (NOT custom). Since the patch, I have been in a game with duplicate shyvannas, Varuses, Caitlyns, Veigars, Master Yis, Blitzcranks (the last two being especially annoying. This is extremely problematic because in all honesty, you can't tell who is who in a team fight, plus the map is far too small to have both of veigar's Es on the map, or to deal with shyvanna's ult. I have already submitted a bug report and I was told to post this here.

777TITAN777

10-02-2013

Same. Every ARAM today has had a copy on the enemy team. It's not bad, it's just boring to fight the same champ on the other team.

Mister Waffles

10-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777TITAN777 View Post
Same. Every ARAM today has had a copy on the enemy team. It's not bad, it's just boring to fight the same champ on the other team.
It depends on the champions that are in the game of course.

777TITAN777

10-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Waffles View Post
It depends on the champions that are in the game of course.
Ya totally. I mean double Viegar is annoying and so is double Heimer. x) More than that it gets confusing who's powers are being activated. I played with two Kennen's and I was always running from the ult whether it was by my team or the enemy.

Mister Waffles

10-03-2013

Yes. For AOE champions, this is problematic because you never know in a fight whose is whose.

AgentX91

Platform Engineer

10-03-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Mirror matches are possible, but 3.12 introduced a bug making this happen more frequently.

We have a fix for this in 3.13.

cKumo

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777TITAN777 View Post
Ya totally. I mean double Viegar is annoying and so is double Heimer. x) More than that it gets confusing who's powers are being activated. I played with two Kennen's and I was always running from the ult whether it was by my team or the enemy.
Double Teemos. That was a "fun" match.

Tarviscus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX91 View Post
We have a fix for this in 3.13.
Thank you very much, I enjoy ARAM much more without mirror champions.

esuom

10-06-2013

I played earlier with 10 dravens LOL and 10 blitz

Russianelit3z

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarviscus View Post
Thank you very much, I enjoy ARAM much more without mirror champions.
then don't play customs without the name "same" in the title. Look at the game type, if it has a weird code then the match is hacked. If it says blind or Draft then it's not hacked. Riot shouldn't disable this bug, it's ****ing amazing.