double champs in arams - patch 3.12

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phanert

10-03-2013

1) loaded up an aram and noticed both teams had an unchained alistar (me being one of them)
2) i suspect it happened due to some sort of glitch in the new patch if 2 people reroll at the exact same time, but the precise nature of the bug is indeterminable by myself alone
3) i also believe it is not possible to replicate the bug via client-side only means (that means u riot! ^_^)

*edit* as a sidenote to possiblye help find the bug, the game happened at approximately 5:10 to 5:15 pm est

AgentX91

Platform Engineer

10-03-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

2 teams having the same champ can happen by design in ARAM. It should be a small percentage of games due to the logic behind it, but it's possible.

Casildar

10-03-2013

Before 3.12 I never saw it once in approx 120 arams. Have seen it 5 times now in maybe 25-30 games? (Number of games may be slightly off but in the ballpark.)

Rivini

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casildar View Post
Before 3.12 I never saw it once in approx 120 arams. Have seen it 5 times now in maybe 25-30 games? (Number of games may be slightly off but in the ballpark.)
Same for me, but different values. Something must have changed in the algorithm since the last patch.

exelsis xax

10-03-2013

Nothing has changed. If you've never had 2 nids in one match you've likely played less than 20 games. Doubles happens all the time. It's just unusual to have doubles of an undesirable champ like ali.

Rivini

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exelsis xax View Post
Nothing has changed. If you've never had 2 nids in one match you've likely played less than 20 games. Doubles happens all the time. It's just unusual to have doubles of an undesirable champ like ali.
Me personally, I've played hundreds. Not one instance of a duplicate I can remember since they made a significant change to the algorithm. Since 3.12, I've played maybe a dozen matches and already seen multiple duplicates occur.

Riot has acknowledged this is a bug: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...1#post41955751

AgentX91

Platform Engineer

10-03-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Sorry for my incomplete response. You're correct, 3.12 introduced a bug that makes this occur more frequently. We have this fixed for 3.13 - the fix should be on PBE soon.

Akasya

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exelsis xax View Post
I played over 800 and never EVER had any mirror matches. Pretty sure it's a glitch.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX91 View Post
Sorry for my incomplete response. You're correct, 3.12 introduced a bug that makes this occur more frequently. We have this fixed for 3.13 - the fix should be on PBE soon.
why not instead of fix you leave and

make it so we can have more than one of same thing on one team?

I want two nids man... would be fun ok... and rare or whatever.

JI6

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX91 View Post

Agent Riot why would you change the true core of ARAM? Logically ARAM shouldn't be ADAM (All Draft). Why not let Random be Random??