Soraka's Passive

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeatRushVII

10-03-2013

It's really deceptively strong in team fights. Eighty magic resist and 125 armor(from W) can really shift a team fight around, especially considering how popular corki is right now.

silverbacon

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatRushVII View Post
It's really deceptively strong in team fights. Eighty magic resist and 125 armor(from W) can really shift a team fight around, especially considering how popular corki is right now.
80 magic resist?

chillycrown

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazenjaw View Post
idk if it's being worked on or nobody cares but i think it's kinda lame quite frankly. Shouldn't be that hard to update it to something better or more interesting at least.
Click image for larger version

Name:	FiddleSticks.png
Views:	24
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	793372

EveGarden

10-03-2013

If you don't want her to be passive maybe have an affect like, after 5 stacks of starcall if the enemy is infused he is stunned instead of silenced (I know 3 sec stun is strong, but 5 stacks and infuse isn't easy to pull off, so make it rewarding if she does do it).
This will ensure she becomes more aggressive and gives reason to get starcall at level 2, and not level 13.

Because she will be spamming starcall if this idea does pass through, she needs to be more tanky. Change her passive to Armor and MR increase, but it scales as you level. OR. For every starcall stack, she gains a certain amount of HP (maybe 50 hp per stack(it could also save her from ignite ticks, reduced to 25 on healing debuffs otherwise it would be OP ))

Increase her base hp and hp increase as she levels.

This will not make her toxic, it will make her more fun and it will add a little extra to what she has to offer.

You can even have two build options, the sustain one, where you max W (the current one). OR. The CC stun one where you get Q and W at early levels but try to max E quickly for the longer stun duration. Then at level 18 she will still be relevant and not useless and people will finally start fearing her starcall spam and stop ignoring it.

Also, this could improve on battleraka playstyle. This move is a first step away battery sustain Soraka to a more aggressive playstyle, without hurting Soraka's orginal role.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-03-2013
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linna Excel View Post
But Aura items are in the game. Are you saying that WotA, frozen heart, abyssal scepter, and Locket should lose their AoE effects? I don't think you are.
In a lot of games item purchasing results in some really significant decision making (what, when, on who). How feasible it is to properly utilize many of the auras is a big part of that decision (will I be able to get close enough to get them within Abyssal's range, can we create teamfights that take advantage of WotA's sustain enough etc). As a result I generally feel much better about our item auras than passives like Soraka's. That's not to say they're great examples of gameplay versus power, there are some solid arguments in their favor though.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-03-2013
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbacon View Post
As much as I think she could have a better passive, not sure I want it changed. I get a sad feeling Soraka's Wish won't make it through a rework as a global heal and that her Infuse will no longer give mana.
Can't see any reason to significantly alter Wish, it's a great spell and a really healthy heal (generates clutch saves, has skillful uses, has multiple use cases, comes with a significant cost).

As far as Infuse goes mana restore to ally has been a bit problematic, particularly given there's no cost apart from the CD to Soraka so much of the time it's simply 'Push Infuse on ally without max mana or you're doing it wrong'. A healthier approach there would be something along the lines of giving Infuse a mana cost, so it's not an automatic choice to give mana to an ally, but then also reduces Soraka's other mana costs to compensate. Might result in too much transfer of agency from support to team mate though ('Spend your mana to heal someone else while they actually engage with the enemy, then give away the remainder as well') so some potential issues there too.

Talon Silverwing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2013

Are you guys going to rework Soraka?

Linna Excel

10-03-2013

Fair enough. I take it that's why Sona's aura is okay: it changes as a part of what skills you are using and there's an active game play element to it. Could this be in Soraka's future? MR for using Q, armor for using W, and some sort of regen for using E? She'd still have the aura but it'll vary by the last skill used.

However for the sake of the argument, couldn't Soraka's aura part of the decision going in to pick her as a champ? If I was on the fence and saw I was going against a heavy AP team, I might grab her over someone else. Or if I'm thinking about someone to go mid, while I know she's not the best, that free MR does help her a little as a solo lane champ starting out.

Speaking of midaraka, please don't forget those of us who like her in a solo lane if you decide to rework her. She's got a lot of qualities that make her tempting for being used as a sustained damage mage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
As far as Infuse goes mana restore to ally has been a bit problematic, particularly given there's no cost apart from the CD to Soraka so much of the time it's simply 'Push Infuse on ally without max mana or you're doing it wrong'. A healthier approach there would be something along the lines of giving Infuse a mana cost, so it's not an automatic choice to give mana to an ally, but then also reduces Soraka's other mana costs to compensate. Might result in too much transfer of agency from support to team mate though ('Spend your mana to heal someone else while they actually engage with the enemy, then give away the remainder as well') so some potential issues there too.
You are giving up the silence and poke damage if you use it on an ally. And some ADCs mismanage their mana so poorly you aren't doing them any favors. Like I said, she's tempted to be used as a solo laner and this is part of the though process: her E is free poke or a free last hit since her AA and Q are problematic for those things.

Why not just give up the on ally cast part and rename infuse?

Prof Nekko

10-03-2013

Well with the death of Karma we're in need of more healer archetypes that's for sure. In the case of infuse, I think the path here should not be to discourage her from using it on allies, but encourage her to provide value in using it on enemies. It could be as simple as increased damage or ratios, or it could be something interacting with her other skills like providing an additional bonus for each starcall stack on an enemy? That would help her out as it would encourage her to use starcall more often AND promote a scenario where being aggressive can be useful. It also opens up the way for her to potentially be a decent top or mid lane pick again.

As for the passive, we could make it a little more dynamic like initially her passive only benefits herself, but casting spells in succession increases the aura power and radius, once more making starcall a desirable spell as now using that frequently would benefit the team by empowering her aura.

Just a thought or two

Chess435

10-03-2013

One idea I had to reward clutch saves on Wish is to lower the heal to about 150/225/300 (+.5 AP), but increase the heal by 1% for each 1% of health that ally is missing, resulting in a massive heal if they're really close to death.