Louder Queue Pop SFX?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vodage

09-21-2013

Posted this in in-game HUD discussion, but maybe it belongs in Audio feedback. Not sure.

I like how the window un-minimizes at queue pop, but the sound effect is way too subtle, imo. Is there any way we could adjust this? Maybe have an option to select something that stands out a bit more? Could always leave the original sound in and give us an option to have a different sound, right?

Would be a big help, I miss queues a bit too often.
The SFX from queue pop blends in with any music I have playing, and I'm not constantly staring at my monitor.

Riot Eno

Senior Sound Designer

10-03-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey Vodage!

When you say queue pop SFX, are you referring to the war-horn sound that plays when a match has been found?

MasterEvilAce

10-03-2013

Notification / message sounds could be louder, IMO. I have SFX turned up all the way and sometimes I miss it. There's also some sort of bug that causes sounds to get disabled on the client, so I don't hear anything until I go to settings and cancel back out of it, which fixes the problem for me.

Not sure what triggers it in the first place

Riot Eno

Senior Sound Designer

10-03-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Ahh, so Ace, you're talking about the Game Notification alerts...I think that might be what Vodage is referring too as well. Note taken, thank you so much for the feedback!!! =)

As for your sound ditching out, that is super duper annoying, sorry about that =/

Disabling and re-enabling your sound fixes the problem though, right?

MasterEvilAce

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Eno View Post
Ahh, so Ace, you're talking about the Game Notification alerts...I think that might be what Vodage is referring too as well. Note taken, thank you so much for the feedback!!! =)

As for your sound ditching out, that is super duper annoying, sorry about that =/

Disabling and re-enabling fixes it, yes. I usually miss a few invites before realizing my sound isn't playing, so it's particularly annoying to me. I'm not sure what causes it (been trying to figure it out for a bit), but some things I notice I do frequently would be:
- I leave the client open practically all day (although in a minimized to taskbar state.)
- I alt-tab out of game a lot to respond to messages in other programs.
- Occasionally I alt-tab out and open the pvp.net client (through the system tray icon) and talk through there (I kind of have a feeling this might be part of it.)
- I mute sound through windows when I walk away for long periods of time, and unmute it when I come back.

Also, I notice when I come back from a game, the status icon still shows as "yellow" even though I'm not in a game any longer. I will have to click it a few times to get it back to green. Not sure if this affects how other people see it, but I have a suspicion that maybe sounds get muted on the client if you're set to "away." ? Not sure if that's the case, but if the game thinks I'm away/busy and disables the sound, perhaps that's the issue.

Sorgens

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Eno View Post

What Vodage is referring to, I think, is the notification when a match has been found while in queue. While in queue, sometimes I minimize the client to browse or chat online. The client does maximize and takes focus when a match has been found; however, sometimes it doesn't do that, which means I must hear the queue pop in order to accept. Since I listen to music while playing, when this happens, I usually don't hear the notification.