Xerath, Brand, or Malzahar.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivini

10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
It's true that QSS can negate his combo, as mentioned by previous posters. However, in my experience, at most one person on the team gets one, and then you can just switch targets (assuming they have more than one good squishy target).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
Secondly, you can always not target the one who got QSS. *mind blown*
Schmick knows how Malzahar rolls!

You don't actually need to only target squishies, as long as you have a team who can follow up with your ult.
In my last Malzahar match (ranked), when it got to late game and the enemy Nasus was monstrously tanky, my team actually wanted me to ult him whenever he came at us since he was starting to kill us and walk away safely. I did so a few times and as a result, we won. The enemy team was too reliant on their raid boss.
To clarify, I did this mainly when Nasus was away from his team so it could be done safely. Nasus was overconfident and paid the price.
2.5 seconds of suppression is a long time for a team to pummel someone to death, not to mention all the additional damage Malzahar dishes out with his combo.

FistOf7Dragons

10-01-2013

malz is awesome
brand is fun
xerath is overpowered

sleepisdeath

10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
Schmick knows how Malzahar rolls!

You don't actually need to only target squishies, as long as...
Most times i ult the tanks or whatever is out of position. When your team doesnt sleep it's always a free kill and a 4v5 is always win for me. Everybody who doesnt play malz himself underestimates him so much its not funny anymore.

OneDragonArmy

10-01-2013

No one mentions Malzahar's aoe 3 second silence at max rank. That thing singlehandedly wins teamfights when placed correctly. I saw someone post about it, but they listed the duration as 2.5s.

Yaomon

10-01-2013

Xerath. Bursting the 16/1 corki from 1000 range away over a wall late game and getting your team 2 inhibs and a baron feels too good.

IMSOJUICY

10-01-2013

Malzahar wins all staring contests. ALL OF THEM.

Matake

10-01-2013

Xerath is probably my best AP champion and he's so worth playing if you enjoy his style. I like to build him Anivia style and he's exceptionally good at bursting and if you're patient and know the enemy you can get away with almost anything.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

10-03-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSOJUICY View Post
Malzahar wins all staring contests. ALL OF THEM.
Lol! This comment makes me happy.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

10-03-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDragonArmy View Post
No one mentions Malzahar's aoe 3 second silence at max rank. That thing singlehandedly wins teamfights when placed correctly. I saw someone post about it, but they listed the duration as 2.5s.
Another good point - and it helps you win trades in lane as well.

T1gerBl00d27

10-03-2013

I seem to do better as Malzahar than any other mid. I don't know why, but his burst combo is such a good counter-burst mechanism.

However, Brand specializes combo off his abilities and can utilize it decimate the mid lane/ganks/teamfights.

Xerath has one of the best AOE bursts in the game. Orbital sky cannon will wreck enemy teams in to cause panic and fear.