Display Driver Crashes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeronos

10-03-2013

Title. League is the only game I have ever played that makes my display driver crash. The only one. Period.

Yes it's fully updated.

So this needs to be fixed, its crippling to my teams and makes me not want to play LoL anymore.

Granted it could be completely unrelated to LoL. But no such thing as coincidence exists.

EDIT: Update, so I had to uninstall and reinstall GeForce Exp to get it to realize my driver needed an update, so I was at fault in this respect. Driver is truly up to date now. Pending some games played will see if issue is resolved. God I'm a dummy sometimes. <.<

EDIT 2: after running LoL with new driver a new problem arose. Massive pixel flickering ensued, but continued after closing LoL. So reverted back to old driver but the pixel storm continued. So restarted laptop and used the last known good configuration. So back to square one T_T

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-03-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeronos View Post
Title. League is the only game I have ever played that makes my display driver crash. The only one. Period.

Yes it's fully updated.

So this needs to be fixed, its crippling to my teams and makes me not want to play LoL anymore.

Granted it could be completely unrelated to LoL. But no such thing as coincidence exists.
Can you post your game logs and Dxdiag? This link shows you how: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...f-Legends-Logs

MasterEvilAce

10-03-2013

I had crashes with a few of the 320 series drivers from nVidia (including beta releases.) However the newest WHQL version 327.23 has zero issues with league, for me.

Xeronos

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Can you post your game logs and Dxdiag? This link shows you how: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...f-Legends-Logs
Sorry it took so long to reply, went to work. I was frustrated when I made the post so I apologize if I came off antagonistic.

Requested files are attached, wasn't sure if you needed the dxdiag in .txt or .xml so its in .txt.

Wasn't sure how many of the logs you wanted either, hope its enough. Gave you the most recent I think.

Thank you beforehand for your assistance.

Probably going to find out its on my end :P

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-10-03T12-51-47_r3dlog.txt (440.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (33.7 KB, 21 views)

Xeronos

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce View Post
I had crashes with a few of the 320 series drivers from nVidia (including beta releases.) However the newest WHQL version 327.23 has zero issues with league, for me.
That's really weird, this makes me think it is on my end because my GeForce Exp is telling me that 320.49 is my most up to date driver. Might have to manually install then.

Xeronos

10-04-2013

bump

Fang0r

10-04-2013

Like all the other people reporting bugs, the 3.12 patch has utterly destroyed my computer.. First, I experienced the champ select chat bug where the chat didn't work at all and was completely empty. And then yesterday night... my display/graphics drivers crashed at the beginning of a game and I had to shutdown my computer. After I logged back on, my game was flickering from light to dark and we lost the game. I decided to play another game w/ a friend, and my computer instantly crashed as soon as the game loaded..

To describe it..
1) Blue streaks shower across my screen
2) The game freezes completely along w/ the rest of my computer
3) The input to my monitor disappears altogether and it turns black (as in the monitor actually shuts down from no input)
4) I can still chat on skype wow, but I have to shutdown my computer.

After that, I had trouble booting my computer. Random characters, blue streaks all over the place; finally managed to get in. I open chrome and boom, same thing happens and my computer crashes.

Even after hours of trying to repair my computer, I cannot boot it no matter what. I've tried startup repair, safe mode, etc. I can't do anything. My computer has been completely fried by the 3.12 patch. You have no idea how angry and pissed off I am. And my computer is 4 GB RAM w/ an NVidia GeForce graphics driver. It shouldn't be crashing, especially if I'm on bare minimum league settings.

Not only can I not play league (like that's a big problem here), but I can't access my files for college apps, teacher recs, school work, etc. WOW. Rant end. riot pls.

I even have to go out of my way to somehow print my SAT admission ticket ok wow.

1800GETSOME

10-07-2013

Not sure if this will help but I've been experiencing BSODs with the code "STOP Error 0x00000117: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED". This error has to do with windows not receiving an update from the display driver in a timely fashion. When this occurs windows will attempt to reboot and recover the driver. I believe that the reboot has been causing my particular crashes in league. The usual way to fix this, besides new hardware, is to edit the registry value for how long windows will wait for a display driver update. I don't have a link to the fix guide on hand but you should be able to google it with what I've given you. Hope this helps, and good luck.