vVv Gaming is looking for members who are passionate about gaming and eSports

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vVvSugarBear

10-03-2013

vVv Gaming
(Vision. Valor. Victory)
E N T E R T A I N . E D U C A T E . D O M I N A T E .

Recruitment Information:
vVv Gaming, founded in 2007, is a primarily North-American based online community for people passionate about gaming and eSports. What sets vVv Gaming apart from other organizations is that we are more than just a place for bored people to sit around playing games. Our membership is full of people engaged in personal development, whether that be for the goal of landing a career in the gaming field or just to contribute something back to the scene that they love. With former and current members landing jobs at companies such as Riot, Ubisoft, and Activision, we take personal growth and development very seriously and are always looking to welcome more passionate people into our ranks.

vVv Gaming is looking for players of all skill levels to join our League of Legends community. Regardless of skill and experience, anyone with the passion to contribute is welcome to apply. We seek to help gamers get the most out of their time spent gaming by providing a community full of passionate people and opportunities to let your strengths and interests fuel your personal development. All members identify the things they love about gaming and eSports, or find ways to tie unrelated talents and interests into meaningful contributions. This is what makes vVv Gaming stand out. If you're serious about being part of the growth of eSports, take a look at our applications forum.

Additionally, we've managed to pick up a fairly active casual fan base who hang out and play games with us. If you are just looking to casually play games with some really cool people, value things like diversity and self-improvement, and are looking for a social environment that is less toxic than the average LoL game, feel free to join us on our mumble server! The info for the server can be found here. vVv Gaming is a very inclusive community, with members ranging from our former pro team members of Altec and Bischu (no longer with us) to the fans we interact with on a daily basis. No applications necessary, just please be respectful and well-mannered to other people on the server.

About vVv Gaming:

Quote:
"In everything we do, we believe that all gamers with an obsession for competition need an engaging outlet to share and express their passions. Competitive gamers thrive in a diverse environment that is social, empowering, supportive and informative, and all gamers, regardless of skill, have a place in competitive gaming. We believe that a competitive gaming community can, and should be, free from the forum trolls, the cynics and the haters, and competitive gaming should entertain, be educational and make you feel a sense of domination, whether you’re the top player or simply a fan. The way we do this is called vVv Gaming, and we just happen to be the best competitive gaming community in the world. Wanna join?"

vVv Gaming is built on a community based model. Covering titles such as Call of Duty, Guild Wars 2, and League of Legends, vVv Gaming consists of professional and amateur gamers as well as a graphics team and a staff of about 20 people. We rarely pursue and bid on top talent. Instead, we believe that our role in eSports is to identify talent early and to help it develop, which is an essential part of the growth and success of competitive gaming. Not only do we do this for competitive players, but if you're an aspiring eSports commentator, player, coach, content provider, or even want to work in the competitive gaming industry, then vVv Gaming is the place for you! We help you gain skills for eSports, skills for life.

What Membership Is All about:

Diversity - Diversity is one of vVv Gaming's core values and is part of the foundation of our success. We do not tolerate any form of bigotry and we accept only the best applicants into our organization, regardless of background. Our passion for gaming is what brings us together, and accepting superficial differences helps us focus on what really matters: making eSports and gaming as awesome as possible.

Passion - Beyond motivation is the desire and drive to actually accomplish the things we say we want to do. Rather than begrudgingly grinding through activities that we may not care about, passion means doing what we love without excuses or complaints. Passion is the single most productive force that an individual can possess and results in the most successful outcomes for any activity. Our goal is for every vVv member to incorporate a passion into our pursuit of gaming excellence.

Contests - We hold giveaways, launch events, and all kinds of other contests for our members. We've been known to give away skins, entire games, or even gear from our sponsors. We also award prizes for our regular King of the Summoner's Hill 1v1 tournaments and are looking to start up some competitive in-house tournaments sometime soon.

A Community of Competitive Gamers - We play in-house matches every Tuesday and Thursday at 8 PM ET with the express purpose of helping our members improve. If you can't make those nights, there are always several members and fans online to queue up with during the day. Everyone has a place in vVv Gaming, regardless of who you are or how good you are. Being in vVv Gaming means you'll be surrounded by gamers who are passionate and determined to be the best they can be.

Voice Chat - Playing any team-based game requires excellent communication. Stopping to type out orders or advice can be a handicap that costs you the game. As such vVv Gaming provides a mumble server for our members, fans, and applicants. Go here to find out where to download and set up mumble.

Activity and Value - Adding value is the basis for personal development for any member of vVv Gaming. We require every member and applicant to passionately add meaningful value to the eSports and gaming scene. We also recommend meeting the other members, fans, and applicants, as this is a great way to form solid friendships with like-minded gamers. You can socialize with them in game, on our forums, in our shoutbox, and on social media.

Click here for the Application.

If you have any questions, please post them here and a staff member will reply quickly.
Good luck to all future applicants, we hope to see you on the Fields of Justice!

More Information:
Top 4 LAN Finishes
The Five Pillars of vVv Gaming
Facebook page
Twitter page
YouTube Page
TwitchTV Live streams
Team page on Steelseries's website
Gallery with pictures of us at live events
vVv Gaming's Official Web Page

Tahvvy

10-03-2013

Woooo lets get some applications.

Riot LordJerith

Director of People Operations

10-03-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I know these guys . . . Good Luck!!

Tahvvy

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot LordJerith View Post
you should meet our CEO

vVv Magicmooch

10-03-2013

Come and join in on the fun everyone!

Firefly Captain

10-03-2013

I'm interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot LordJerith View Post
Seems to me like you're funding the whole operation. hue

http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/user/3-vvv-lordjerith/

vVvSugarBear

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvan Krislov View Post
I'm interested!
Awesome! Look forward to seeing your app

Eldeeo

10-03-2013

I may have to send an app, but due to school gaming has become very minimal for me lately.
For now I'll casually play with you guys for now.

vVv Pherzghul

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldeeo View Post
I may have to send an app, but due to school gaming has become very minimal for me lately.
That's fine :] you do not have to be a member to participate in the community. If you want to become a member, learn about e-sports and pick up some valuable skills, then do not hesitate to throw up an app.

vVv Magicmooch

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldeeo View Post
You are definitely welcome to come on Mumble and play with us! We have more than enough room

Also, for anyone else looking at this thread and are planning on watching the Finals this Friday, October 4th, come join us! vVv Gaming is hosting a Virtual Pubstomp! Information can be found here: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/topi...tual-pubstomp/

1234511 ... 29