Game Not Working After Last Update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexKnight

10-02-2013

It repairs almost instantly (takes less than 2 seconds) and then goes back to the "Unspecified Error".

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-02-2013
9 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKnight View Post
It repairs almost instantly (takes less than 2 seconds) and then goes back to the "Unspecified Error".
When you re-installed, did you delete the entire riot games directory and then re-download the game?

AlexKnight

10-02-2013

Yes. I just re-installed the game by deleting the all the game folders and removing League from the list of programs. I downloaded the program from the website, installed all of the software, hit "Accept" twice for the T&D and then it's back to the Unspecified Error.

ubadkiddo

10-02-2013

I downloaded a small patch it seems tonight, and now after pressing Play, nothing happens at all. Last night I was able to play just fine. Im using Win7 x64.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

10-02-2013
10 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Yes. I just re-installed the game by deleting the all the game folders and removing League from the list of programs. I downloaded the program from the website, installed all of the software, hit "Accept" twice for the T&D and then it's back to the Unspecified Error.
I'm starting to run out of ideas. Can you upload a Dxdiag? You can create the file by opening your start menu then typing "dxdiag" and pressing enter in the text box there.

blackcompany

10-03-2013

I am having the exact same problem. I also uninstalled and reinstalled. Deleted folders etc.

AlexKnight

10-03-2013

Okay finally. My game is repatching. Hopefully it doesn't stop randomly in the middle.

Here's what I did:
1) Uninstall League of Legends and delete the Riot Games folder (C:\Riot Games).
2) Go to your firewall and remove all rules about inbound and outbound traffic for League.
3) Reinstall League.
4) Allow League of Legends through your firewall again. In the inbound rules, make sure to allow the rule for League for the Domain profile AND the Private profile. Even though you make the rule for all profiles, you still need to enable the Domain profile. Launch League, hope it works.

Thanks for helping me Dannamoth ~

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

10-03-2013
11 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Okay finally. My game is repatching. Hopefully it doesn't stop randomly in the middle.

Here's what I did:
1) Uninstall League of Legends and delete the Riot Games folder (C:\Riot Games).
2) Go to your firewall and remove all rules about inbound and outbound traffic for League.
3) Reinstall League.
4) Allow League of Legends through your firewall again. In the inbound rules, make sure to allow the rule for League for the Domain profile AND the Private profile. Even though you make the rule for all profiles, you still need to enable the Domain profile. Launch League, hope it works.

Thanks for helping me Dannamoth ~

Not a problem, glad you were able to resolve it. Looks like it was a weird issue with firewall settings.

AlexKnight

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Not a problem, glad you were able to resolve it. Looks like it was a weird issue with firewall settings.
I'm not sure why the settings didn't carry over though when I re-installed League. None of the file paths changed but I had to re-enable my rules. But I'm not complaining. 63% into the patch at the moment and I'm hoping to get on the Rift soon!

Ryron

10-03-2013

Why my game client crashes when i finish the Champion Select window and before the new window with the "Loading" appears. ?
And also when i want to reconnect, im not able to do it because it keeps crashing, im able to reconnect until the game is 10mins+ and of course, is already lost :/.
Help please.