Mac Client will NOT open

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-02-2013
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bologna Cheese View Post
Running OS X 10.8.5, I cannot even get the launcher to open. Opening LoL through every method imaginable (spotlight, recently opened, finder -> applications) yields no results.
You're still having problems? When was the last time you tried opening the patcher?

Jamaican

10-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
You're still having problems? When was the last time you tried opening the patcher?
I'm now reinstalling and this is seeming to work so far, I'll reply again when it finishes. I'm not sure what you mean by the patcher but if you're talking about the thing with the play button and all that jazz before the log in screen, I probably last played 3-4 days ago. When I would attempt to attempt it, the icon would begin to pop up on my dock for a split second and then close instantly. For a frame of reference, I couldn't even see the L icon it would close to quickly.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

10-02-2013
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bologna Cheese View Post
I'm now reinstalling and this is seeming to work so far, I'll reply again when it finishes. I'm not sure what you mean by the patcher but if you're talking about the thing with the play button and all that jazz before the log in screen, I probably last played 3-4 days ago. When I would attempt to attempt it, the icon would begin to pop up on my dock for a split second and then close instantly. For a frame of reference, I couldn't even see the L icon it would close to quickly.
We pushed out an update to the patcher (yes, the thing that has the orange "PLAY" button on it) today around 1.45. you shouldn't need to re-install, but since you're already doing it you might as well let it finish.

Jamaican

10-02-2013

Quote:
We pushed out an update to the patcher (yes, the thing that has the orange "PLAY" button on it) today around 1.45. you shouldn't need to re-install, but since you're already doing it you might as well let it finish.
Before I began reinstalling, I did try opening it again and received the same results but nevertheless I'll let you know what happens after it finishes.

Babuganoosh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2013

Quote:
This should now be fixed. Post if anyone has issues getting to the login screen/air client on OSX.
Hey it's fixed for me but I was curious: what the heck was the problem we were all having?

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

10-02-2013
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babuganoosh View Post
Hey it's fixed for me but I was curious: what the heck was the problem we were all having?
Least technical/short version is that we were sending a bad message related to process ID's and a key part of the airclient/patcher was killing itself off.

eljepe

10-02-2013

working now thanks so much!

Jamaican

10-02-2013

Quote:
All is fixed after the reinstall. Is there any way to extract my files settings from the previous client to overwrite on the new one?

Babuganoosh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2013

Quote:
Least technical/short version is that we were sending a bad message related to process ID's and a key part of the airclient/patcher was killing itself off.
Thanks for the quick response and for fixing it!

Shweky

10-02-2013

Thanks for fixing this up, it was still a little slow
Good work team ! Let's not have to have you work anymore !