screen shrinkage

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urhainess

10-02-2013

i am using a 13 inch macbook pro and i got the client to work, but my league screen seems to be smaller than usual. anyone have any idea? might have to just wait it out for the next patch to fix all this up.

junebugspade916

10-02-2013

yeah this is happening on my imac aswell

LSP time

10-02-2013

The whole UI is downgraded. Whats going on riot?

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

10-02-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Hey guys, sorry for this problem it sounds pretty frustrating. Can you guys post in more detail what you mean by "smaller than usual"? Screenshots would be immensely helpful in tracking down this problem if you can provide them. Thanks!

Warriorman21

10-02-2013

I had that problem too. Make sure to fix the screen resolution (Options>Video>Resolution ingame).

On a related note, after I fixed the resolution of LoL in my client, the text doesn't seem to be the right size anymore after this latest patch. (as in, the numbers for my champion stats in my HUD seem weirdly spaced and stuff)

Migou2

10-03-2013

same thing here

i get black border on each side

i try to set video on better resolution but is bad idea
mouse wont go in full screen, staay locked on middle of screen.

and video have lagg now

Chazer

10-03-2013

I had my in game screen resolution get reset to the lowest resolution option. After resetting it to the correct value it has remained normal.

CamoClad

10-03-2013

I had being playing some ARAM for a few hours yesterday and about 4 games in the in game screen went all screwy after loading in. The screen was scrunched top and bottom and my mouse was unable to scroll my view forward. I was stuck within the borders of the screen at the base. Tried adjusting the resolution and tried going to windowed mode and even borderless. Took a good long while to get the screen image to fit right to my monitor again, but the mouse issues persisted. Apologies to my teammates for all the problems, but they were being helpful in suggesting trying a few things. In the end I had to quit the LoL client entirely and restart the program. Once in I got back into that game and all was well once more, but it sure was odd to have a game suddenly just go bonkers like that. Haven't had the same issue since, but will be keeping an eye out for it for sure.

NiceanLoH

10-03-2013

Brentmeister, it's the difference between having a movie in widescreen or fullscreen. Before, the game filled up my entire screen, and after the most recent patch, it changed the settings so that the screen in-game is a square of League, with black borders on both sides.

If I change resolution, it causes big FPS drops and in general gets very mad at me. I've also noticed that the shop in 5v5 SR mode (haven't tried the other modes) is larger than the visible screen. All visuals have been scaled down except for the shop window, which is the same size as it was before, which means it extends off of the playable screen.

If anyone has managed to figure out what's going on, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've also noticed huge FPS shifts, it seems like y'all are trying out something fishy on the Mac client that is acting up a lot, likely with the overall graphics settings.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

10-03-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Hey Guys,
It looks like your resolution settings may have been reset after the patch.

Try increasing your resolution to a widescreen resolution.
If you get framerate drops try the following settings:

Shadows: Off
Framerate Cap: Benchmark
V-Sync: Off

Then try toggling between windows/fullscreen and see which gives you better performance.