Stuck in your league? I can help.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

10-01-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Thanks for the post. Very well thought out and worded. I agree with and appreciate your focus on positivity. Thanks for taking the time to write out your tips to this level of detail. I generally try to stay positive, as no one is going to play better when they are being dumped on, but as with most people, I have my slip ups. Your post has given me renewed enthusiasm. I'll be trying it out in ranked tonight.

RiotOpti

Community Coordinator

Follow Opti on Twitter

10-01-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
Thanks for the post. Very well thought out and worded. I agree with and appreciate your focus on positivity. Thanks for taking the time to write out your tips to this level of detail. I generally try to stay positive, as no one is going to play better when they are being dumped on, but as with most people, I have my slip ups. Your post has given me renewed enthusiasm. I'll be trying it out in ranked tonight.

Seconded, awesome post, OP.

Rivini

10-01-2013

I've had multiple instances where I lead my team to victory by keeping them positive. When they start bickering back and forth like children, I tell them to relax and bagging on each other will just make them play worse. It does sometimes take quite some time before they begin cooperating again, but I've won even ranked matches by doing this when my team was seemingly destined for defeat.

When you feel good and aren't agitated, you play better. It's a simple truth.

The Shaco Bot

10-01-2013

it is too hard to work together with people when people refuse to cooperate, listen, give input etc

Edzter

10-02-2013

after i read the mechanics part i was like

'yeah if only i could get to play top more' all i get is support and if im lucky then jungle, but i dont jungle outside normals because im bad at it, i will never be good at and i only do it because i want to play nocturne

Crayociraptor

10-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
Wow a red post! I really appreciate the feedback from you guys riot, it means a lot. I'll do my best to keep adding to the thread and hope others will ask questions so I can continue to help those in the community improve. Thanks for the kind words and check out the stream sometime!

On another note - Back on and doing a giveaway in a little bit due to hitting 100 viewers. Come check it out, follow, and possibly get a free skin! #Teemotown

Yuffy Kisaragi

10-02-2013

so basically, carry your game with the chat box.

yep I'm doing it wrong.

pretty much all my game related skill is way above my peers but I never type a damn thing in chat b/c I'd rather being concentrating on playing better and not missing anything happening on map or missing a cs than wasting time typing. I just wish being good at the game was actually how you win more games :/

Crayociraptor

10-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuffy Kisaragi View Post
so basically, carry your game with the chat box.

yep I'm doing it wrong.

pretty much all my game related skill is way above my peers but I never type a damn thing in chat b/c I'd rather being concentrating on playing better and not missing anything happening on map or missing a cs than wasting time typing. I just wish being good at the game was actually how you win more games :/
No so much. The chat box is but a small tool in your overall belt. It is an important one that should be used masterly but scarcely as well. You don't want to spend too much time typing, you will miss CS or possibly a kill. I think you have the right basic attitude, but what else is possibly holding you back in games.

Nightmanflock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2013

Great post. Thanks for your analysis and your dedication to a positive gaming experience =) Win or lose, a positive team makes for a more fun game.

THEMathKid98

10-02-2013

This doesn't really help me. On the other hand, I just made gold, my goal for this season. Why I say it doesn't really help is I already play somewhat like this. My computer is too slow to lolking people in champ select, but otherwise This is how I carry games. And how I got gold with silver mechanics XD