Welp, I tried (Jinx model)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

09-30-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I really like the the stuff being done here. I'll forward it to the guys. One thing that is tricky though is there is something tricky with our engine where things that are near white tend to blow out to full white. We will have to mess with how pale we can get her with out blowing out the texture. But yeah, good stuff.

Masticatorr

09-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
I really like the the stuff being done here. I'll forward it to the guys. One thing that is tricky though is there is something tricky with our engine where things that are near white tend to blow out to full white. We will have to mess with how pale we can get her with out blowing out the texture. But yeah, good stuff.
Faith restored. Make her so Riot! I BELIEVE!

Ploopy Ploopy

09-30-2013

Quote:
If you guys ever make league of legends 2 and dont get rid of adobe... Ill sacrifice a poro

Arbaal

09-30-2013

Quote:
Its not just the Pale she needs. Her face expression needs to look more eeer younger? and more sinister? Also she needs to be a little smaller in her model (she sounds 15-18ish, but looks 25). I also feel she should have Sky blue hair and not neon but that one is a w/e.

ihatebikeshorts

09-30-2013

Quote:
Wouldn't shades of blue/red help out in that aspect? I mean even people with pale skin have tints to them because of the blood underneath the skin so maybe you could use that to offset that stark-whiteness of the model?

JamDubs

09-30-2013

Quote:
Have you perhaps seen this http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3900697 as a possible guide to what we, the players, are looking for?

In any case, good to know y'all are taking notice of this. We loved Jinx when she was unveiled- that psychotic little cutie stole our hearts. But her in game model needs work, as currently, her Chompers just don't make our hearts melt like they should when they're being thrown by a character that doesn't look quite like who we've grown fond of.

Well, they make our hearts melt as much as any incendiary grenade would, but they don't have the feeling behind it.

Temperance10

09-30-2013

Quote:
OHHHHHHH GOD! RED POST! I am complete...

Btw, if Chris Campbell still works for you guys tell him "his CCAD friends say hi."

nightheat

09-30-2013

finally a red

Dryad Soraka

09-30-2013

league of legends runs on a potato engine

Vermana

09-30-2013

Quote:

I'd rather she look totally white than have her look dolled up and tan. That's not her character at all, she's a psychopath, I don't think she cares a whole lot about her complexion.