Who even still likes this champ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

09-30-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebikeshorts View Post
>character artist
>thinking a lot about poppy
This reeks of visual update- are you always this much of a tease?
I do my best.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

09-30-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

I have Poppy on my mind now, So I would love to hear your feedback on Poppy in relation to the other Yordle girls. Lulu and Tristana.
I have always thought of Lulu and Trist as more "Cute" and Poppy as more of a warrior woman yordle. If/when we do a VU I would like to bring that sort of aspect to her even more. Like really make her one of the warrior yordles, and maybe open that space so we can have more.

KiteAzure

09-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
I have Poppy on my mind now, So I would love to hear your feedback on Poppy in relation to the other Yordle girls. Lulu and Tristana.
I have always thought of Lulu and Trist as more "Cute" and Poppy as more of a warrior woman yordle. If/when we do a VU I would like to bring that sort of aspect to her even more. Like really make her one of the warrior yordles, and maybe open that space so we can have more.
I do agree that she should be some what warrior-ish, but yordles in general should be cute don't leave that element out!

Your Shadow

09-30-2013

I still like Poppy. ._.

I'm garbage with her, and the tooltip for her Q is worded atrociously, but I do like her!

Quote:
I will say that Poppy is much grimmer than the others, but cuteness is still an important part of her! It's something shared by all the Yordle girls.

She's GOT to keep her pigtails. That is non-negotiable.

SlumlordThanatos

09-30-2013

Quote:
I only really have a couple of issues with Poppy.

First, her splash art is...well, she needs a new splash art where she's not making that duck face.

Second, her AA animation is awkward to the point where she is difficult to last-hit with.

JamDubs

09-30-2013

Quote:
There are two major problems with Poppy's current design.

1: Her armor is too simplistic. It needs to look like a master blacksmith forged it, not like someone slapped some plates of metal together along with some chain mail.

2: Her face being all chubby makes her look rather unintimidating. Even her splash art for.. what is it, Battle Regalia I think, looks more interesting because while her face in that art is a bit feminine, it's far and away better than the constipated look her classic "art" and her model have.

Basically, she needs to look more serious all around. Right now she looks like a constipated toddler.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

09-30-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteAzure View Post
I do agree that she should be some what warrior-ish, but yordles in general should be cute don't leave that element out!
Yordles are cute by nature, but the do it by accident right? They don't know they are cute. Poppy can have cute moments just due to her Yordleness for sure. But by contrast to Lulu and Trist she's pretty battle hardened I would reckon.

Weegee7

09-30-2013

Riot, it's time Poppy learned a few jokes.

KNKL KNockmaw

09-30-2013

Quote:
THAT'S what I'm talkin about! MORE Warrior Yordles!

Zerglinator

09-30-2013

Quote:
I feel like the picture in the original post pretty much does that