Just got my 3rd Leave in all of 3 Years due to Client

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chancator

08-12-2013

Hello all,

My friend and I just joined an ARAM queue, just like always, and encountered a serious issue which caused both of us to get a "Leave" on our match history.

At the end of the timer for the pregame lobby when the game begins to start, both of our clients crash. We both try to reconnect after rebooting the client, same thing. As soon as we hit reconnect button to launch this particular match, it crashes. I found this interesting because we are on 2 totally different computers, the only common variables are same match, and same network.

I of course do not know what causes the bug, but I wanted to offer my story here to help the development team.

That being said, is there any way a Rioter can help me get this "Leave" of shame off of my match history? I have been playing this game since Season 1 and I never leave a game unless absolutely necessary, and it pains me to have this one on my profile as it was not a legitimate leave.

Best Regards,
Chancator

Edit: adding logs

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: LolClient.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 515663e0
Fault Module Name: Air.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 511c7eb4
Exception Offset: 0000f66b
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 466d
Additional Information 2: 466d234c3f96c0a6599f50d490b60b52
Additional Information 3: 1349
Additional Information 4: 13495b2971d6640482e71f60dd42f203

Chancator

08-14-2013

No response in 2 days?

Gobis

08-14-2013

This place seems to be a limbo of sorts, where you're more than welcome to speak your troubles aloud and watch as they dissipate into the night sky as smoke on a swift autumn breeze. It's cathartic, but apparently ultimately useless.

nostaljic

08-14-2013

Lol @Gobis. So true.

Chancator

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobis View Post
This place seems to be a limbo of sorts, where you're more than welcome to speak your troubles aloud and watch as they dissipate into the night sky as smoke on a swift autumn breeze. It's cathartic, but apparently ultimately useless.
Hahahaha I got a good laugh out of that. Anyways, bumping because this exact thing just happened to my roommate again. And he's probably gonna get another leave from it. Riot pls, this is a serious issue.

KSOAR

08-18-2013

yep having the same problem 5 days later

Chancator

08-21-2013

Bump, plz post if you have had same issue.

Cytolus

08-21-2013

I have a similar issue. My window crashed during the loading screen of a match, but my client continued running and of course gives me the "Game is still in progress..." message. Only LolClient and LoLLauncher are running. Attached are my network logs and client logs. Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Also, I never did get an error message from the crash.

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-08-21T20-28-18_netlog.txt (4.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: txt 2013-08-21T20-28-18_r3dlog.txt (10.1 KB, 21 views)

Chancator

09-30-2013

Riot, stop being jerks and answer this please. It has been over a month and a half since I posted this, and guess what brought me back here? It just happened to me again. It seems to be specific to ARAM.

Now I have 4 leaves on my account, and 2 of them are because your **** ass client. Thanks Riot.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-30-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancator View Post
Riot, stop being jerks and answer this please. It has been over a month and a half since I posted this, and guess what brought me back here? It just happened to me again. It seems to be specific to ARAM.

Now I have 4 leaves on my account, and 2 of them are because your **** ass client. Thanks Riot.
I have a few questions:

1. Did you drag your install folder from another source?
2. How did you install the game?
3. What OS/service pack are you using?
4. Can you upload a game log from the game you crashed in? (League of Legends/Logs/Game - R3d Logs/..)
5. Are you running any mods like Lol replay/modified your game install in any way (custom skins)?