So are Shrooms worth 10G even if I walk over them?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Christianx93

09-30-2013

Or is it only when I kill them via true vision?

A 5 Year Old

09-30-2013

teemo should be worth 10g

CommandShockwave

09-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A 5 Year Old View Post
teemo should be worth 10g
Teemo should be worth 1000g. It'd be like writing 'Kill me PLS' on the target that's already permanently painted on his head.

Christianx93

09-30-2013

Bump cuz these guys were no help

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

09-30-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianx93 View Post
Or is it only when I kill them via true vision?
You need to kill them yourself to get the gold.

Technically the shroom is killing itself when it detonates on an enemy, so if anyone was to get the gold it'd be the shroom. Poor shrooms never get to shop though.

12fingerJIM

09-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post

Technically the shroom is killing itself when it detonates on an enemy, so if anyone was to get the gold it'd be the shroom. Poor shrooms never get to shop though.
If a shroom kills anything else Teemo gets the gold. Only solution is to give Teemo 10 gold every time someone steps on a shroom.

TrulyBland

09-30-2013

Quote:

Why not? Shrooms don't respawn, so an exploded shroom should have all the time in the world to buy nice and expensive items during death time.

They just don't get to use them! (Thank god... I'd hate a shroom with GA)

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2013

Quote:

thats a lie. dont listen to this imposter dude.
you need to step on every shroom you see.
the gold you receive doesnt show, its a hidden passive gold gain that makes you richer the more you step on shrooms.
dont ever listen to the people that have their name marked red.
just like in school, red = false

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2013

Quote:

BTW, Meddler, now a little more serious:
shouldn't the shroom shutdown gold also be shared with the person who provided the vision for the take-down (as long as he doesn't kill the shroom himself), just like it is with wards?

Dfenestrator

09-30-2013

Quote:

Frankly, I'm not a huge fan of the Teemo or Yorick changes, mostly because it punishes the player twice for playing correctly: once for having the benefit of their move removed and again for giving the enemy gold for doing so.

I can see the benefit of this change for a lot of low/mid/mid-high ELO players, since it gives them a visible and measurable way of noticing proper and correct counterplay, and these two champs are perceived as having less visible/measurable/satisfying counterplay than most champs, but is giving the enemy gold really the best way to do this? It doesn't really sit well with me, since you would never consider something similar with other moves that are perceived to have less satisfying counterplay (e.g. you wouldn't give gold to people for successfully dodging a Nid spear).

I'm mostly curious as to what the reasoning behind this is. Is it a placeholder until you can figure out better ways to make their counterplay satisfying or what?