@Riot: Why did you revert Kat to being overdependent on her ultimate?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethereal Light

09-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
You'll see this in the patch notes but we actually removed the initial cast delay of Death Lotus (it used to be 0.25 so it's now 0). With the increased ratios and higher base values at higher levels, even with the increased channel time I think Kat does the same or higher overall damage even if interrupted super early but now does even more damage (like... a lot more) if she's allowed her full channel.

Food for thought!
Soooooo making her more reliant on her ult? Lol. This thread was asking for power to be shifted to QWE.

Silly pwyff c:

Kr1sys

09-30-2013

that reading comprehension

Yousonerfed

09-30-2013

Quote:
You'll see this in the patch notes but we actually removed the initial cast delay of Death Lotus (it used to be 0.25 so it's now 0). With the increased ratios and higher base values at higher levels, even with the increased channel time I think Kat does the same or higher overall damage even if interrupted super early but now does even more damage (like... a lot more) if she's allowed her full channel.

Food for thought!
That might be nice and all, but I see it as you guys just sugarcoating the problem. This will not change the fact that Kat will be over-reliant on Death Lotus to have a role in a fight.

This doesn't change the fact that her other skills are bad by comparison, meaning she is a one-trick-pony more than ever.

Tucking Sits

09-30-2013

Quote:

Food for thought!
So you are admitting that, by constantly buffing her ultimate, you are making her too reliant on her ultimate?

TrulyBland

09-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelhan View Post
You just totally answered in a way that makes the OP right. You don't even answer his question.
In a way it does.
The problem with Kat being dependant on her ultimate was mostly a problem because it meant being dependant on not being interrupted. By providing more damage early they're actually reducing the dependance on not being interrupted.

There are more ultimates that champions strongly depend on... But none of these are usually interruptable.

GhostStalker

09-30-2013

Quote:

Food for thought!

That's cool and all, but why go back to making her super dependent on her ultimate again? The point of the rework was to alleviate that.

Zhugan

09-30-2013

Quote:

Food for thought!
Doesn't that just sort of prove what the OP pointed out? Wouldn't that make Kat more reliant on her ultimate?

Arctic Bro

09-30-2013

now i can forget about moonflair lost on melee

Gentleman Thief

09-30-2013

Quote:

Food for thought!
Wile the overall damage is higher if you get the full channel off, the DPS of Death Lotus is lower until rank 3. And Katarina getting the chance to pull off a fully channeled Death Lotus is a very rare occurrence.

Metablast

09-30-2013

Quote:

Food for thought!
All this says is that she's still overdependent on her ultimate. Not sure if you read OP's post.

12345612 ... 14