@Riot: Why did you revert Kat to being overdependent on her ultimate?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

09-30-2013

I thought that when you gave her a remake, one of the goals was to make her no longer so reliant on Death Lotus. Now she's back to what she used to be?

Where's the consistency in that?

Are you going to admit at some point that you have no freaking clue how to make Kat strong? Or was your plan to NEVER make her strong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
You'll see this in the patch notes but we actually removed the initial cast delay of Death Lotus (it used to be 0.25 so it's now 0). With the increased ratios and higher base values at higher levels, even with the increased channel time I think Kat does the same or higher overall damage even if interrupted super early but now does even more damage (like... a lot more) if she's allowed her full channel.

Food for thought!
Swing-and-a-miss.

You just dodged the question entirely, Pwyff. Making Katarina's ultimate stronger is just aggravating the problem: you're making Kat a one-trick-pony again.

Buff something else about Kat, or just admit faulty design on your part.

pmd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2013

Most champs only get 1 ability that resets on kills/assists, let alone all of her abilities. Her kit is inherently broken cuz of this and will either be to strong or to week with no middle ground really

Yousonerfed

09-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmd View Post
Most champs only get 1 ability that resets on kills/assists, let alone all of her abilities. Her kit is inherently broken cuz of this and will either be to strong or to week with no middle ground really
And that requires her to have poor ability to actually land the kills in the first place?

Dumb logic is dumb.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2013

Learn to land her ultimate.

Yousonerfed

09-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
Learn to land her ultimate.
Against opponents who won't use that stun for ANYTHING except that Death Lotus?

That logic...

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

09-30-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

You'll see this in the patch notes but we actually removed the initial cast delay of Death Lotus (it used to be 0.25 so it's now 0). With the increased ratios and higher base values at higher levels, even with the increased channel time I think Kat does the same or higher overall damage even if interrupted super early but now does even more damage (like... a lot more) if she's allowed her full channel.

Food for thought!

RedTruth

09-30-2013

Quote:

Food for thought!
I like the information, but... you didn't really address the OP's complaint :/

Kelhan

09-30-2013

Quote:

Food for thought!
You just totally answered in a way that makes the OP right. You don't even answer his question.

OctaSteve

09-30-2013

Quote:

Food for thought!
I shall experiment with this on the Crystal Scar...

nightheat

09-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot pwyff View Post
you'll see this in the patch notes but we actually removed the initial cast delay of death lotus (it used to be 0.25 so it's now 0). With the increased ratios and higher base values at higher levels, even with the increased channel time i think kat does the same or higher overall damage even if interrupted super early but now does even more damage (like... A lot more) if she's allowed her full channel.

Food for thought!
yay kat buffs

1234511 ... 14