Undeniable proof LP gains are broken

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

asdfghjkl 7

09-29-2013

So I am Gold 1, 99 LP and I just won a game. And I got 0 LP. Ok, I've seen this before, it means my MMR isn't high enough to get to plat yet. That would make sense, except for the Elise in my game.

I was 3rd pick, and the Elise was 4th pick. That means my MMR is higher than hers, right? Yet she was in her promo games already. In fact, winning the game promoted her to plat. Yet me, with higher MMR than her didn't even get into a promo series from the win.

I don't know how Riot can justify this one. Please bump if you want Riot to get rid of this ridiculous system for season 4.

EDIT: So I thought the people saying that a loss would unclamp you were nuts, but no, this system is even stupider that I thought. After my +0 LP game, I lost 2 in a row. I then won 1 game and got into a series. So after getting 0 LP for a win, I got +10 LP for a win WHEN I HAD LOWER MMR I challenge any red to come in here and explain how this makes sense.

FURTHER EDIT: It would seem from several people saying the same thing that once you get high enough MMR to get promos, you need to lose a game before it will let you get 100 LP. I would love to see a red comment on this.

Sorry for the weird colours, saving as a GIF does that for some reason.

I didn't think to SS after my +10 LP win, but you can see my match history and I have 100 LP now. I won't play a game for the next 8 hours at least, so there's lots of time to confirm this is all true. EDIT: Starting my promos now, so my LP total may no longer show 100.

EDIT: Apparently the Elise changed her name since our game. This is the link to her lolking, for those of you claiming I'm "hiding it" for some reason.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/437066#profile

Finally got a red Here's my response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Socrates View Post
Hey,

In the existing system a number of factors are taken into account when looking at whether a player is ready to start their promo games for the next tier, not just MMR. If you continue winning games you will start your promo series.
Socrates
So then why did I get a series after losing more games than I won? You've always said "Win more than you lose you'll get a series". Except I lose more than I won and got a series. That confuses me even more that the whole business with Elise.

And what exactly are these "number of factors" that are considered when deciding if you get a series. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the first time Riot has mentioned this.

asdfghjkl 7

09-29-2013

Bump

TerminatusOmega

09-29-2013

happened to me and a few friends, get 0 LP at times for games.. makes me wonder

Noxian Zell

09-29-2013

I saw your last match opponents.

They ranged from gold 1 to plat 4.

Still makes me wonder why you dont have promos.

System is broken. It's like you have to play a whole tier above where you are to reach promos -.-

zMajin

09-29-2013

I checked the elo of your opponents/allies and it appears you are where you are being told; however, you do have a lot of ranked games played with only a few more wins than losses. If you are winning and losing a lot at the same elo, it assumes you are where you belong and starts distributing lp accordingly.

canadianForces

09-29-2013

plz make more post like that it not like there is 1000 more post like your

asdfghjkl 7

09-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsheakers View Post
plz make more post like that it not like there is 1000 more post like your
Have you seen another post where someone won their promotion series in the same game where someone else got 0 LP? Because Riot always says "Your MMR isn't high enough". Well my MMR is higher than someone who is actually plat now, yet I still don't even have a series.

Just Mid

09-29-2013

I don't really think that the pick order is based on mmr anymore.

Graggy

09-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Mid Please View Post
Then why am I always last pick?

asdfghjkl 7

09-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Mid Please View Post
It's still supposed to be. I haven't heard Riot say that it isn't. If you watch streams you will see that challenger players are almost always first or second pick.

But if you have proof otherwise I'd love to see it.

1234511 ... 30