New AI System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adamosaur

09-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuKnorris View Post
I have seen Fiddlesticks Bot on Intermediate use Flash after his ult to reposition, just like a real Fiddlesticks.
Nice, I'll have to keep an eye out for it in my wtods.
Though, it does show that flash can be programmed into bots for at least basic combos or decisions. It'd be cool if they added a few more for signature flash combos or links. Like a Chogath Flash ult...that would make bots much more threatening (like actual players) and less predictable.

EDIT: My favorite part about playing bots is Lux and Ashe. Those ult snipes always seem to hit people.

Urgot my Waifu

09-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamosaur View Post
Though, it does show that flash can be programmed into bots for at least basic combos or decisions. It'd be cool if they added a few more for signature flash combos or links. Like a Chogath Flash ult...that would make bots much more threatening (like actual players) and less predictable.
Galio also is programmed to flash ult onto enemies if you didn't know.

SauKe

09-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamosaur View Post

EDIT: My favorite part about playing bots is Lux and Ashe. Those ult snipes always seem to hit people.
Both points so true. Especially the part about the lux ashe ult'ts.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

09-27-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Owl View Post
I haven't seen BuffMePlz or rjcombo lately so I guess they decided that sort of stuff wasn't worth it.
Neither BuffMePlz or I are currently working on Co-op vs. AI, but that doesn't mean Riot has abandoned it.

tempname8796

09-27-2013

1st under red post

Naphares

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-27-2013

Buff them with some rune pages too, even just a standard one. Bring them back up without touching the AI code.

Adamosaur

09-27-2013

I thought that the interm bots have rune pages?

"Intermediate bots take 15 mastery points and have 16 runes--five each of Tier 2 Marks/Seals/Glyphs and one Tier 2 Quintessence. Intermediate bots have no increased stats except for a boost to their passive gold gain.
Beginner bots have neither runes nor masteries."
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Bot

I do hope that Riot buffs or adds some new bots. It would make for some very fun PvE

Also shoutout to @SauKe, @Kira Onime, @FlowyS, and others! I did see a Fiddle take flash and use it with his ult. I stand corrected. I guess I just didn't notice it before xD.

Warriorman21

09-27-2013

To me the biggest things bots would benefit from are:
1) Jungler
2) Use more bush control and are more passive in general in bot lane. (the pair of bot lane bots usually dives together)
3) FAIR vision. Use wards to help be passive, and avoid getting ganked. At least don't cheat.
4) On the fair vision note, chase smarter. Instead of completely stopping when you are out of vision, make a simple prediction of where the champ would run.
5) Function properly with death passives. (Bots don't attack Zac blobs, period. Bots ignore Kog'Maw suicide...) Bots also need to function properly with champion pets (most notoriously Heimer turrets)

(Yes, bots CAN target you with targeted abilities when you are in a bush if you recently walked into it, and it is not right)

Strong points that bots already have:
1) Some mid bots are actually not bad solo laners (you've seen probably a Cassiopea bot snowball)
2) Perfect burst combos
3) Pretty good teamfight

CoffeeDave

09-27-2013

I've been playing some Tekken (Dark Resurrection for those that care) on my PSP and they have AI that are 'Ghosts' of players from around the world. Would it be possible to do something like that for the Bots here?

Great Owl

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
Neither BuffMePlz or I are currently working on Co-op vs. AI, but that doesn't mean Riot has abandoned it.
Oh hey you guys haven't been fired.