So Jinx's W (Zap) is basically an AD Nidalee spear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhai

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSarra View Post
So now you'll maybe stop QQing over Jinx all over GD? Please?
Psssh, you fool! One does not simply reason with GD.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

09-27-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Cause those are fun to play against right?
The frustration that Nidalee Spears can sometimes create was an issue raised during Jinx's development and the team working on her identified a couple of useful tuning points for Zap as a result. The first one is the ground indicator created by Zap that communicates both the path and the time until firing for the projectile. The second is that while the shot's quite fast it does have a moderate cast time, giving opponents a reasonable amount of time to react in (kind of like Caitlyn's Q, if it were cast somewhat faster but single target). The result is that, based off our internal playtesting, Zap's a fun spell both to use and to play against. Might still be some tuning to do based off final testing of course, considering this is something I feel the team's done a really good job of though.

ThisNameDoesntFi

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
The frustration that Nidalee Spears can sometimes create was an issue raised during Jinx's development and the team working on her identified a couple of useful tuning points for Zap as a result. The first one is the ground indicator created by Zap that communicates both the path and the time until firing for the projectile. The second is that while the shot's quite fast it does have a moderate cast time, giving opponents a reasonable amount of time to react in (kind of like Caitlyn's Q, if it were cast somewhat faster but single target). The result is that, based off our internal playtesting, Zap's a fun spell both to use and to play against. Might still be some tuning to do based off final testing of course, considering this is something I feel the team's done a really good job of though.
Does this mean changes to nids spear will be coming down the pipe line anytime? I would hope not, but I fear yes.

I'm just assuming this since it sounds like you think nid spears are a problem.

Luscious Lenny

09-27-2013

Quote:
will this be another new spell that does not work correctly against spell shield

SanSarra

09-27-2013

Quote:
Of course it is :l...

I'm really worried that you, Meddler, care about explaining the difference bewteen Zap and Nid's spears . Even the spells have very different goals!

Does Riot REALLY think nida spears are a problem? I don't think so, as I don't think Jinx' W is aswell.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

09-27-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisNameDoesntFi View Post
Does this mean changes to nids spear will be coming down the pipe line anytime? I would hope not, but I fear yes.

I'm just assuming this since it sounds like you think nid spears are a problem.
It's something we've talked about, no immediate plans at least though, besides some small updates to improve visibility of missiles as they emerge from fog of war coming directly at you at some point. Important to bear in mind that Jinx and Nidalee have pretty different kits too. Jinx has multiple other means of dealing damage beyond normal auto attack range for example, so what's appropriate for one is not necessarily appropriate for the other.

Flaming June

09-27-2013

Quote:
Soooo you're nerfing Nidalee then, right?

Verx Interis

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexSaur View Post
That is not even the ''worst'' part of her kit.

Her Q rocket launcher mode is basically a twitch ult on a toggle (yes it can crit in the aoe and it IS intended).

If she was released live today with those numbers she would easily be a another ''release xin zhao''.
Suddenly, Vi and Nocturne dive her and she has nothing besides flash to escape.

Welp.

ThisNameDoesntFi

09-27-2013

Quote:
It's something we've talked about, no immediate plans at least though, besides some small updates to improve visibility of missiles as they emerge from fog of war coming directly at you at some point. Important to bear in mind that Jinx and Nidalee have pretty different kits too. Jinx has multiple other means of dealing damage beyond normal auto attack range for example, so what's appropriate for one is not necessarily appropriate for the other.
Sweet, The only problem I ever had with nid spears was not seeing them coming, glad to know a fix is in the works.

Thanks for the reply

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

09-27-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSarra View Post
Of course it is :l...

I'm really worried that you, Meddler, care about explaining the difference bewteen Zap and Nid's spears . Even the spells have very different goals!

Does Riot REALLY think nida spears are a problem? I don't think so, as I don't think Jinx' W is aswell.
I think Nidalee's spears are immensely fun for the Nidalee player and create some great high moments for allies and enemies alike, depending on their results. I also feel that they can sometimes create a situation where the enemy has few or no accessible plays available to deal with them, given Nidalee also has high mobility, reasonable sustain and ok dueling power. Whether that means we should change them I feel is very open to debate, that they can sometimes be very frustrating to play against on the other hand I think is pretty widely accepted.