@gypsylord, Riot, Jinx inspiration?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spectre3694

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTeaTime View Post
Hello there! I know I'm not the great and powerful gypsylord but I hope it will suffice that I'm jinx's concept & splash artist
You aren't, but you were the inspiration that got the ball rolling and so a bajillion thank-yous for this absolutley doubly-insane champion!

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2013

Quote:
Hello there! I know I'm not the great and powerful gypsylord but I hope it will suffice that I'm jinx's concept & splash artist
I dreamed up jinx over a year ago now, I pitched her because there weren't any champions in LoL just yet who met my desires for a completely insane female villain champion, we have some ladies on the side of no-good but I really wanted a girl who is totally beyond any kind of reform or rehabilitation, I drew a lot of inspiration from the joker character (especially heath ledger's joker) and also gollum form lord of the rings, and a bit of helena bonham carter because she plays crazy people really well!

P.S. I also really wanted to introduce a different female silhouette & body type with jinx

Hope that helped!!

I think with jynx you nailed it on all accounts.

I really like her more slender physique playing on being flat chested tomb boy-ish type, sorta like tank girl. Big boobs are great and all, but I've always been more partial to the flatter fair.

As far as crazy goes - oh yeah she crazy XD

kdHuCoB8S3

09-27-2013

FlX HER INGAME MODEL PLEASE ROIT!

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2013

Im rather sure that a bit of the joker is in there and the similarities to tank-girl designs are also obvious

Jenvas

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvI5syndrome View Post
FlX HER INGAME MODEL PLEASE ROIT!
It doesnt live up to her artwork, I agree

Kuwalda

Ziln00bas

09-27-2013

Quote:
I dreamed up jinx over a year ago now, I pitched her because there weren't any champions in LoL just yet who met my desires for a completely insane female villain champion, we have some ladies on the side of no-good but I really wanted a girl who is totally beyond any kind of reform or rehabilitation, I drew a lot of inspiration from the joker character (especially heath ledger's joker) and also gollum form lord of the rings, and a bit of helena bonham carter because she plays crazy people really well!

P.S. I also really wanted to introduce a different female silhouette & body type with jinx

Hope that helped!!
YES!!! Every time I saw someone post Shaco = Joker and Jinx = Harley Quinn I wanted to reply, "Actually, Jinx looks more like Joker and Shaco looks more like Harley Quinn" (but figured I'd get downvoted into oblivion by those who didn't see past the genders, so why bother?)

Also, thanks for the autograph on Zyra and Spirit Guardian Udyr at San Diego Comic-Con

~Tall Half-Asian Guy Who Asked a Lot of Good Questions (largely to keep Rioter-to-fan convo going or help someone out who wanted a poster but was stumped on a question to ask)

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

09-27-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauu5head View Post
I have just one curiosity - what is a "chomper", in Flame Chompers? And why does it spawn 3 (rear faced) clones of Jynx? What was the inspiration in this ability, why the clones, and not something more along the lines of Zigg's Hexplosive Minefield? I just don't understand why she spawns clones, and how? She's not magical (is she?) Jynx seems to be heavily reliant on her guns, but where do the clones come from? For some reason this really bothers me, and some insight to your thought process would be great.

RiotTeaTime pls!
-Concerned, curious Summoner
The clones there are placeholders basically - the model for the flame chompers isn't yet available on PBE. Gypsylord's sorting out an issue with them at the moment, they are indeed a trap like thing though.

Solari Brigadier

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
The clones there are placeholders basically - the model for the flame chompers isn't yet available on PBE. Gypsylord's sorting out an issue with them at the moment, they are indeed a trap like thing though.
I'll be honest, the Jinx clones are kinda neat. Thematically they don't fit, but it would be hilarious if they were like, miniature Jinxes with sharkheads.

Ninavi

09-27-2013

@RiotTeaTime

So is this the champion from Zaun you have been working on? We've been teased with this info some time ago.