@gypsylord, Riot, Jinx inspiration?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2013

Tank Girl, Tiny Tiny, Mister Torgue, Harley Quinn. I think mostly Tank Girl.

RiotTeaTime

Concept Artist

09-27-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlux View Post
As title says, I'm curious as to what inspired Jinx. Upon reading Vi's report of who Jinx is, and reading the vandalism messages from our dearly beloved #116, I cannot help but be reminded of the Joker of DC fame (with Vi here acting as a more bloodthirsty Dark Knight, if you will).

To make it clear, I'm not some random dude flaming about "LOL YOU GUYS SO ORIGINAL", because I recognize everyone gets inspiration from quite literally everything they experience, so attacking a person's originality has no merit at all. I'm asking what exactly inspired the apparently anarchic, crazy "I'm a crazy mothaf***a because IT'S SO DAMN FUN!" attitude of the champion.

I'm insanely curious about this, so any response at all would be appreciated
Hello there! I know I'm not the great and powerful gypsylord but I hope it will suffice that I'm jinx's concept & splash artist
I dreamed up jinx over a year ago now, I pitched her because there weren't any champions in LoL just yet who met my desires for a completely insane female villain champion, we have some ladies on the side of no-good but I really wanted a girl who is totally beyond any kind of reform or rehabilitation, I drew a lot of inspiration from the joker character (especially heath ledger's joker) and also gollum form lord of the rings, and a bit of helena bonham carter because she plays crazy people really well!

P.S. I also really wanted to introduce a different female silhouette & body type with jinx

Hope that helped!!

SlumlordThanatos

09-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTeaTime View Post
Hello there! I know I'm not the great and powerful gypsylord but I hope it will suffice that I'm jinx's concept & splash artist
I dreamed up jinx over a year ago now, I made her because there weren't any champions in LoL just yet who met my desires for a completely insane female villain champion, we have some ladies on the side of no-good but I really wanted a girl who is totally beyond any kind of reform or rehabilitation, I drew a lot of inspiration from the joker character (especially heath ledger's joker) and also gollum form lord of the rings, and a bit of helena bonham carter because she plays crazy people really well!

P.S. I also really wanted to introduce a different female silhouette & body type with jinx

Hope that helped!!
What?

No Tiny Tina?

I am disappoint.

Raphael JR

09-27-2013

Well when i saw her first i though she is Duela Dent`s sister

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...58bcb7e7b8.jpg

Mauu5head

09-27-2013

@RiotTeaTime

First of all, thanks for this champion, she seems too legit. Well, having read all I can grasp on Jynx -- lore, abilities, skin, voiceovers, forums, etc. -- I think she's COMPLETELY awesome -- not to mention, OFF THE CHARTS CRAZY. She seems like she'll be enjoyable to figure out.

I have just one curiosity - what is a "chomper", in Flame Chompers? And why does it spawn 3 (rear faced) clones of Jynx? What was the inspiration in this ability, why the clones, and not something more along the lines of Zigg's Hexplosive Minefield? I just don't understand why she spawns clones, and how? She's not magical (is she?) Jynx seems to be heavily reliant on her guns, but where do the clones come from? For some reason this really bothers me, and some insight to your thought process would be great.

RiotTeaTime pls!
-Concerned, curious Summoner

Vermana

09-27-2013

Quote:
I drew a lot of inspiration from the joker character (especially heath ledger's joker)

Why the hell doesn't she quote him then? There are so many good quotes!

Nexus Crawler

09-27-2013

Quote:
I dreamed up jinx over a year ago now, I pitched her because there weren't any champions in LoL just yet who met my desires for a completely insane female villain champion, we have some ladies on the side of no-good but I really wanted a girl who is totally beyond any kind of reform or rehabilitation, I drew a lot of inspiration from the joker character (especially heath ledger's joker) and also gollum form lord of the rings, and a bit of helena bonham carter because she plays crazy people really well!

Hope that helped!!
I think you just became one of me favorite Rioteers. Also now that you mention it I can see a bit of carter especially from fight club and a bit from Harry Potter in her.

Psyclone Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2013

Quote:

Hope that helped!!
I really love your splash art, and any art for Jinx that I have seen. I really feel like you knocked it out of the park, she looks perfect in the art. That being said...

Her in game model looks pretty bad. She looks at least 10 years older, she has more of a tan, she has whorish make-up on, and her face just feels off. I really, REALLY hope they change it to match your art before release.

Coldmanj

09-27-2013

Quote:

Hope that helped!!
I applaud you good sir(madam?). I like your inspiration and that you introduced a new female body type to the game. It has been a much needed change of pace for a very long time. big and buxom is nice and all but it gets kinda boring when 90% of the female champs have the same body type and frame/silhouette

Vivi R66

09-27-2013

Quote:
Well, congrats, on the art you nailed it, she looks like a crazy evil loli/young girl, super awesome... the ingame model tho, doesnt look like that, she looks like a boobless katarina lol, fierce - not crazy, and she lost the young apeal >.<