Cant even get launcher to load

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YouWorkOut

09-20-2013

Kay this is freaking weird -- I was having the same issue until I tried lowering my resolution, as others have mentioned. It worked -- the installer booted up flawlessly and started patching. How on earth does my resolution have anything to do with client stability?

Squ1rly

09-26-2013

Same issue here, I had to re-install windows after a crash and format of hard drive and now cannot get league to load up at all. Re-installed a couple times went through many threads for answers and finally submitted a ticket. waiting for a response..

Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (22.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: log1 rads_user_kernel.log1 (11.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: log2 rads_user_kernel.log2 (11.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: log3 rads_user_kernel.log3 (11.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: log4 rads_user_kernel.log4 (11.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: log5 rads_user_kernel.log5 (139.3 KB, 9 views)

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

09-26-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squ1rly View Post
Same issue here, I had to re-install windows after a crash and format of hard drive and now cannot get league to load up at all. Re-installed a couple times went through many threads for answers and finally submitted a ticket. waiting for a response..
Did you make sure to install video card/monitor(if applicable) drivers? Your Dxdiag indicates they might be missing.

WizardOfTheEast

09-27-2013

I had same problem. I waste lot of time to this issue.
At last, I found the reason. In my case, I just changed video resolution.
My monitor supports 2560x1440. But I changed resolution to 1920x1080. After that, I couldn't run LOL client. After change video resolution to optimal mode, it worked.

Smarty Pantz Qc

10-03-2013

To add a bit of info: Rebooting and starting the game default resolution works. Then if I close it, the next time I need to change it or I get the issue.
Oh and yea, it's still there

Jokimoto

12-31-2013

My native resolution on my laptop, is 1280x800. I went through literally every possible solution I found on the internet, refusing to believe something as ridiculous as screen resolution could possibly be the culprit. I did all of the following:
I reinstalled League.
I deleted all the RAD folder stuff a hundred times.
I tried running things in compatibility mode.
I tried running as admin.
I downloaded some misc. pre-patch files from some site and tried those.
I read the logs to try and get a better understanding of the problem.

Nothing worked, except, I changed my resolution from 1280x800 to 1280x768 and for whatever bogus reason on this planet, that **** actually worked. Once the updater got running, I changed the resolution back, seems to be problem free.

If I had to guess, it seems the launcher tries to load some art assets, at some preset resolution (ratios) and fails, and then shuts down, but that's just my best guess.

wtosh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2013

I too have this problem. uninstalled and reinstalled it many times. Allowed it through my firewall. got the latest drivers for my gpu. Nothing has worked.