@gypsylord, Riot, Jinx inspiration?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verlux

09-25-2013

As title says, I'm curious as to what inspired Jinx. Upon reading Vi's report of who Jinx is, and reading the vandalism messages from our dearly beloved #116, I cannot help but be reminded of the Joker of DC fame (with Vi here acting as a more bloodthirsty Dark Knight, if you will).

To make it clear, I'm not some random dude flaming about "LOL YOU GUYS SO ORIGINAL", because I recognize everyone gets inspiration from quite literally everything they experience, so attacking a person's originality has no merit at all. I'm asking what exactly inspired the apparently anarchic, crazy "I'm a crazy mothaf***a because IT'S SO DAMN FUN!" attitude of the champion.

I'm insanely curious about this, so any response at all would be appreciated

Hallows Evelynn

09-25-2013

clearly a female version of shaco was there inspiration.

Konachan

09-25-2013

considering Vi has a missing sister and Vi's page was vandalized, Vi's evil criminal sister? Vi used to be a criminal but turned good. Read her lore. Maybe her sister is Jinx and she comes back for revenge against Vi for going good.

We might not find out until its near finished.

Nzo

09-25-2013

joker / harvey come to mind.. even the description is straight from DC

Verlux

09-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistixz View Post
clearly a female version of shaco was there inspiration.
GGWP, give this man an internship at Riot XD

I could see that honestly, though Jinx doesn't seem to have any motivation, whereas Shaco is a paid-to-kill assassin, so he's motivated by greed to an extent whereas she doesn't appear to be.

Nzo

09-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlux View Post

I could see that honestly, though Jinx doesn't seem to have any motivation, whereas Shaco is a paid-to-kill assassin, so he's motivated by greed to an extent whereas she doesn't appear to be.

which is why joker & harvey quin come to mind... no motivation other than just having fun

Verlux

09-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
which is why joker & harvey quin come to mind... no motivation other than just having fun
Precisely, Joker and Harley are just being horrible persons for the sake of being horrible, though some may argue Joker is attempting to just exist as a "dark mirror" of Batman, but that's an argument for another day methinks

Silver Grimalkin

09-25-2013

Tiny Tina comes to my mind, personally.

Though jinx looks more like 15~16

Hallows Evelynn

09-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlux View Post

actually, shaco also has no motivation. he kills because its fun regardless of if money is involved or not, kind of like the joker. he only uses the money as funds/an excuse to kill more people. also like the joker.

Verlux

09-26-2013

Shameless bump. Gypsylord, pls