A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smoke DZA

09-24-2013

sooo is rengar gonna get a new skin with the rework? his other skin looks really bad to be honest.

Raiyn

09-24-2013

Scarizard can you explain some of the logic behind these changes

Emp Battle roar no longer grants Mr/AR ----Does that mean what he feels more cowardly when he screams and doesn't feel stronger/tougher? Really confused about this. No other champion with an empowered ability loses a base ability. Why would I ever use empowered battleroar aggressively now if I'd lose/not gain the Mr/Ar. Heck the healing isn't worth it near a champion anymore. Just huddle back near minions and use it.

Bola strike

How am I supposed to CS in a losing lane top lane Rengar

Signed,

A concerned Rengar player.

Insanities Eye

09-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
Scarizard can you explain some of the logic behind these changes

Emp Battle roar no longer grants Mr/AR ----Does that mean what he feels more cowardly when he screams and doesn't feel stronger/tougher? Really confused about this. No other champion with an empowered ability loses a base ability. Why would I ever use empowered battleroar aggressively now if I'd lose/not gain the Mr/Ar. Heck the healing isn't worth it near a champion anymore. Just huddle back near minions and use it.

Bola strike

How am I supposed to CS in a losing lane top lane Rengar

Signed,

A concerned Rengar player.

can people take the time to look at the other posts to see that the thread has been updated?

Insanities Eye

09-24-2013

Scarizard,

I think many people are wondering why you can't release the Rengar into the PBE? If it is bugs that you are looking for, wouldn't it be better to just put the product into PBE and have a more vast testing session with him, I would think this would be more efficient seeing how if there are more people playing Rengar there is more of a chance to catch a bug. However if you are still trying to change some of his ability mechanics, then I would completely understand. I am just asking why you can't put him into PBE for bug testing instead of just putting it into a smaller player pool, plus I think this will help you guys out seeing how you are low in man power on this project.

Whyu

09-24-2013

Quote:
Updated 9/24

Bonetooth Necklace
??? AD, ??? AD/lvl
Recipe: Hunter's Machete + Long Sword + 100g
PASSIVE: 20% Increased damage to monsters

3 Stacks: Rengar gains Flat Movement Speed while out of combat, or while in brush

6 Stacks: Leap range increased

9 Stacks: Rengar gains %MS for 2s after leaping

14 Stacks: Rengar does not lose his Thrill of the Hunt bonus speed upon activating Stealth

General
-Base Health Regen increased
-Health Regen per Level increased
-Health per Level increased
-All Ferocity Bonuses are now scaled with Champion Level (Similar to his Heal) rather than with the rank of the ability.

Unseen Predator
-Rengar now becomes visible at the beginning of his leap, rather than mid-leap.

Savagery
-Cooldown decreased
-Damage slightly reduced
-Attack Speed Bonus slightly increased

Ferocity Effect: Savagery
-Damage Reduced
-No longer grants Attack Speed
-Now Grants 3 Ferocity

Battle Roar
-Damage increased
-Cooldown decreased

Ferocity Effect: Battle Roar
-No longer grants Armor/MR (Base Battle Roar still does)

Bola Strike
-Now a skillshot
-Range greatly increased
-AD Ratio increased
-Slow no longer scales with rank
-Slow no longer decays over 2.5s

Ferocity Effect: Bola Strike
-Root Duration increased

Thrill of the Hunt *REMADE*
-No longer immediately stealths Rengar
-Now consumes all Ferocity on cast (Each 1 Ferocity consumed this way increases the Duration of Thrill of the Hunt by 1 second)
-Rengar gains Movement Speed, Vision, and Ferocity Generation while in Thrill of the Hunt and his first basic attack will cause him to leap.
-After a brief delay, Rengar may recast Thrill of the Hunt to stealth for a few seconds at the cost of Thrill of the Hunt's bonus speed
-Cooldown decreased
-Movement Speed% increased
-Duration increased
Looks like another pub stomp champion. He also looks strong as a split pusher.

If I'm reading this right, if jungle Rengar (after a certain point) ganks a lane, and wins, he then gets a free tower? Is that the gameplay Riot is promoting with this new Rengar?

THUNDERMINE

09-24-2013

Ok so you nerfed his ult to make it less instagib and more fair, but you still nerfed his attack damage. Regardless of adding attack speed rengar already had problems with killing champs that had slows or escapes, plus you made the bola a skillshot so if it hits a minion when he is trying to catch up with one of said types of enemies he basically loses his kill and at most sends them back to their turret to heal. The health regen seems good, but there are no numbers yet so I really can't complain there.

Why not give him all his empowered damage back and just remove its ability to be used on turrets, that way his op split pushing and insta escape are somewhat put in check?

Since you took the armor from his W at least give it a .25 scare or silence.

Wertilq

09-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Still possible. I'm just reporting what the iteration is this second - i can't follow up or test any of the stuff right now just because we're working on other things. This 'Dorans' passive on BTN is likely one of the first things to work on post-break.

How about Bone Tooth is built from Hunter's Machete AND Dorans Blade?

I know Dorans are supposed to be those items never built into anything, but it would make it possible for both jungle and lane rengar to pick up an item that lead into bone tooth early if they want to.

Ashesofanangel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2013

Is there any way BTN stats could be lowered to where you could purchase it as a starting item? I love being able to build it immediately on ARAMs and the item feels so quintessential to Rengar that I would love being able to have it be his go to right from the get go.

RakshirX

09-25-2013

I've said this before, and I will say it again -
Please do not nerf his damage. It was already ultra-nerfed from 200% down to 100%. DO NOT NERF IT ANYMORE (in fact, I was hoping this modification would INCREASE his dmg, but I am seeing my hopes were in vain).
Rengar can only instagib if he's fed, and that doesn't happen easily. Rapid slaughter is normal for fed champs. Think of a fed jax, fed Akali, etc. Same story. Fed champs are typically a menace, and Rengar is no exception. DO NOT NERF HIS DAMAGE. Stop giving in to the wankers that refuse to buy armor.
If you can't be persuaded away from doing this, then you need to greatly increase his survivability, and/or provide him a means of escape. If he doesn't kill the target quickly, he is screwed. Right now, all he has is his dmg. There's no point giving him an ultra speed boost ultimate, so he can catch his target, and not kill it. You'll just inspire other players to say "come at be bro", with no fear due to his weakened dmg state.
Please do not nerf his dmg anymore. If he catches his target, especially and adc/apc, and doesn't kill it quickly, he is dead.

t4tNoFp4Ve

09-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Still possible. I'm just reporting what the iteration is this second - i can't follow up or test any of the stuff right now just because we're working on other things. This 'Dorans' passive on BTN is likely one of the first things to work on post-break.
Talking about BTN bonuses

What would be your thoughts on "Unobstructed Vision" while on bushes, when he reaches one of the highest treshholds (9 trophies, or 14 trophies) ?