Lost Promo Series Despite Winning 1 and Losing 1 Game?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mushking

09-22-2013

So today I committed myself to ranking up in the leagues and achieve my goal of getting to gold before the season's end. I was farming lp with Leona and was excited to see that I reached my series for Silver 2. I won my first game, but noticed that in the League panel of my profile that I had been marked with a red X/recorded a loss. My match history shows only one loss which was the second game of my series. After that game, I of course got the notification that I've been unsuccessful in completing my series.
My friend/duo partner assured me that it was a visual bug before we started my second game, otherwise I would have made a post including a screenshot of the error. Pretty confused and frustrated by this. Looking forward to feedback on this issue.
-Mushking
(I've included a screenshot of my match history, the top two games were the two series games.)

mushking

09-22-2013

I understand this may seem trivial to some (like I should just go play until I get another series), but as a student with serious time constraints, set backs like this are pretty crippling and don't really motivate me to play the game/buy rp.

mushking

09-23-2013

So I guess you're just going to ignore this error in the ranked system? I'm not even shown the courtesy of a reply.

Ardziv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2013

Hmm, did you dodge a game, or not pick a champ and it automatically dodged? because those situations will count as a loss in the promotion games, and makes your screenshot worthless. (not trying to be mean)

If there is such a bug more people will get it eventually and it should get more attention then.

jester82

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2013

yeah all I could think is if you or your duo partner dodge. (yes if you duo queue and your friend dodge, you will eat the dodge as well).

Anyone else beside you use your account ?

Vanvliete

09-24-2013

I had this same thing just happen to me. Got into 5 game promo to gold, lost 1 game and put back to 85 lp? would really like to get back into my promos...worked very hard to get to it

RiotSpookyDooky

QA Analyst

09-24-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

@Mushking

It looks like you dodged your first game during the miniseries in question. The dodge counts as a loss. You then won a game then lost a game bringing the total up to 2 losses. At that point your miniseries was cancelled since it was a best of 3.

@Vanvliete

You've been in 2 back to back miniseries, both played on 9/24. According to the audit both miniseries ended after 3 losses. 1st miniseries was WWLLL and 2nd was LWLL. I took a peek at your match history and it corresponds to the audit.

Please remember that dodges count as losses in a miniseries. Hope this clears things up and thanks for reporting!

SouLCollectR

10-03-2013

@ RiotSpookyDooky

Can you please have a look at my problem. I did not dodge and I was not duo with anymore. I played the 1st game in my promo series for gold, and it told me the series ended.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3917826

TruIy Outrageous

02-15-2014

Yeah i just won my first promo series game then lost my next and it says I've lost my series after only one loss whats is this?? I didn't dodge or anything either

xPeAcEx

02-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushking View Post
So today I committed myself to ranking up in the leagues and achieve my goal of getting to gold before the season's end. I was farming lp with Leona and was excited to see that I reached my series for Silver 2. I won my first game, but noticed that in the League panel of my profile that I had been marked with a red X/recorded a loss. My match history shows only one loss which was the second game of my series. After that game, I of course got the notification that I've been unsuccessful in completing my series.
My friend/duo partner assured me that it was a visual bug before we started my second game, otherwise I would have made a post including a screenshot of the error. Pretty confused and frustrated by this. Looking forward to feedback on this issue.
-Mushking
(I've included a screenshot of my match history, the top two games were the two series games.)
Hahaha, sorry man but i feel your pain. I did the same thing when i was bronze 1 in season 3. I dodged a match during series without realizing it would count as a loss. Go figure XD