I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamut

09-20-2013

I love the smell of anarchist champs in the morning, smells like victory.

If your new champion sat down for a game of league, what current champion would they play and why?

Also, you said you worked on Vi, one of my favorite characters (and the reason I like jungleing finally, not that I disliked playing fiddle jungle, just that I disliked getting ambushed at my red literally every game). My question is, did you have any hand in writing Vi's quotes? I ask because my favorite line in league (even better than League of Draven) is Vi's "Punch first, ask questions while Punching".

Spectre Gadget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

Do you see a future where Katarina and Riven join forces? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of thing? I feel like a Noxian civil war would be cool idea.

turkeyBACON

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellas View Post
Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but I don't think there's anyone else with purple hair. Ransom said it's the same color as one other champion :P. Purple would be sweet though. considering it's my favorite color.
EDIT: I can't believe I forgot about my dear Lulu! Maybe #116 does have purple hair then :O
Morgana has purple hair... and Alistar if we're counting him. Sorry to burst you bubble. D:

FlutterShen

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
- as much as I like playing her, I feel she's a bit thin.
I swear to god I knew what you meant, but that still didn't stop me from bursting out laughing in my Motion Capture class.

Starlighte

09-20-2013

Multi part question and hopefully you'll get around to it Ransom.

Is there a chance some of the lore/storytelling will fall back on skin releases? I mean, Aether Wing Kayle was released and I thought it super fertile ground to play on one of the oldest unchanged lore duos in the game. Maybe release a Legendary skin for Morgana and have it be the next chapter of their saga? Alas, it seems Riot felt differently

Secondly, I may or may not be the only one that is disappointed with how lore is currently released. At Riot you guys create some of the most fantastically perfect champion concepts, characters that would make Frodo, Tyrion, or Aslan look shallow and hallow in comparison. And yet, the lore delivery is just, sorry if I offend but, AWFUL. I love the cool comics/login screens/conflicts/release teasers. But this just isn't enough. There has to be something more from the lore team. A weekly blog that reads like a novel *too close to JoJ?* Maybe a monthly comic in junction with the art team when they have a little bit of free time. Realistically, I would accept just about anything that isn't sporadic and seemingly random as to when it is released. I would kill for something that is released on a weekly basis that I could read.

Thirdly, thanks for taking the time to interact with the community. I realize with the end of S3 in sight, things are getting backed up at Riot and it is more and more difficult to find time to interact with us. It sucks when Reds don't take the time to answer popular threads *I can think of a vast number Hippalus and IronStylus need to stop by but... It seems they've fallen off the face of the planet....* But truthfully, it's good to hear from the creative designers and the like every once in awhile about *I can't say "non-substantial stuff" here because that comes across badly so let's go with "Stuff of lighter topics"*

DowncastHarp

09-20-2013

Has anyone ever considered writing a League of Legends novel? Or at least something that takes place in Runeterra? I've been trying to read through A Song of Ice and Fire series and I don't know why, but I feel like playing champs like Lissandra or Shyvana or Garen or even Swain when I read through certain chapters.

It just seems to me like there is rich territory to write a novel focused on the interactions between factions in Runeterra like the interactions between Houses in A Song of Ice and Fire.

Ahhh Chu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

Is #116 going to have some interaction with Draaaaaaven?

DKE Twitch 4

09-20-2013

Just a question but, does anyone else have blue hair other than Sona?

Chastity

09-20-2013

Thanks so much for answering questions! I have a quick one. Appearance wise, is the new champ aesthetically good looking, or a departure from the norm?

turkeyBACON

09-20-2013

116's hair can't be blue. Lissandra, Sion, Sona, and (technically) Alistar and Rumble all have blue hair! I've gone through every champ and the only color that doesn't repeat is Green which only Twitch has!

Edit: hair color to Characters
Blue- Lissandra, Sion, Sona, Alistar, Rumble, Swain(?)
Purple- Lulu, Quinn, Morgana, Alistar(?)
Red/Orange- Katarina, Miss Fortune, Leona, Gragas, etc.
Pink- Vi, Annie, Zyra(?)
Yellow/Blond- Janna, Lux, etc.
White/grey- Diana, Soraka, etc.
Black- alot of champs
Brown/brunette- alot of champs
Green- Twitch
Fire- Brand
Metal- Orrianna, Cassiopeia
Bald- Urgot, singe(?)
Ethereal spirit vapors- Thresh, Hecarim