I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lindorfer

09-20-2013

When will the new upcoming champion #116 be teased at with a REAL riot-esque teaser?

Before or after worlds are over?

No need to be all mystique or smart with your answer.

Just a simple "before" or "after" is all I ask lol.

Wintermallz

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
D) Not the guy who made #116X.
why you ignore my thread

Zoram

09-20-2013

ill probably post this later too.

But I know you kind of ripped off the idea of Zac's story from that crappy horror sci-fi movie splice

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1017460/

care to comment about why you chose to take elements from that and make it into zac, well besides the crappy movie part of course.

Dies to Wolves

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Trust me, nobody is more excited about continuing the stories of your favorite champs than me and the writing team. Generally speaking, though, we've taken faction events like the Freljord event as a way of telling new stories about your favorite champions. I would wager that someday, there might be a similar event for other factions, such as Piltover and Zaun.
League of Piltover confirmed.

Ao Shin is actually a robot created in Piltover.

LUS Montplaisir

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsative View Post
That's harsh.
E: Woah, you edited it before I managed to press quote. It used to say "Anyone except you"

Next champion being chaotic neutral hints to her being a thief, not on the side of the law and "steal from the rich, give to me" .
Her being > VI, so we have to stay in roman numerals. C is roman number for 100. 100 > 6, C > VI.
C is mentioned in Cait's lore as a master thief Cait is trying to catch. She might as well be Vi's sister. Blue haired, uses trickery.
That would be interesting, but I would be rather surprised if Riot choose to release "C" right now. Or another mercenary champion. In my mind, a thief would be True Neutral, or at least Neutral Evil/Good; they don't actively cause chaos or discord. Chaotic Neutral indicates to me a more volatile character. My guess is something along the lines of a Rogue Rakkor (obviously it won't be, but I feel like it's been too long waiting that we've seen one. Diana doesn't count, she used to be a Solari, they're basically priests; and possibly a separated tribe, as her lore seems to imply). However, back to basics; Chaotic Neutral is lawless whimsy. True Neutral is the very definition of balance; think along the lines of Shen and his friends. Lawful Good is Caitlyn or Garen, Neutral Good is Syvanna or Riven, Chaotic Good is Vi. Lawful Neutral is Xerath. Lawful Evil is Mundo, Neutral Evil is Karthus or Yorick, and Chaotic Evil is Nocturne, Fiddlesticks, or Renekton.
Chaotic Neutral would be a 'mid way point' between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Evil. Neutral implies a disregard for the trappings of good, while preferring to avoid the repulsive aspects of evil. Chaotic implies a blatant disregard for the law. So, #116 will be inherently selfish/self-centered, or else will be supporting a person/cause not caught in the trappings of either good or evil. Chaotic implies it will be interesting Seriously though, Chaotic tends to mean the character is a bit off in one way or another, and doesn't always have to be in stereotypically explosive fashion. They could be subtly chaotic, which would be a nice change.
End of the day? All we know is that she is a she, and that she has blue hair. I'll be surprised if its C, it doesn't make sense thematically or in terms of the focus of the lore. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that it may be affiliated with the Watcher's themselves, though perhaps not Lissandra.

Limakoko808

09-20-2013

she doesnt have blue hair, sona and rumble both have blue hair

I am Seth Rogen

09-20-2013

MR Ransom

Ok, could totally be wrong on every aspect, but here it goes; I love music and a few of your posts i have heard many times in my life.That being said I am almost certain she has some relation to Vi and Cait, BUT if she somehow turns out to be vi's sister she isn't going to be blood related! where i get that from is the invaders song which makes me think she came from someplace else or was found and she has no idea where she came from. Another thought that comes to mind is that she is going to be able to control the elements. There are alot of different elements in the music vids, fire, air, water to name the obvious ones. I think she doesn't know what her goal is yet due to the fact that she doesn't even really know who she is. I don't think this new champ will be from piltover but from Zaun, maybe she acts like how vi used to be before she joined up with cait. Maybe her lore might pertain to working with the "bad" guys just to survive.

Talix of the 35

09-20-2013

Do you know of any plans to develop story related to the Void?

And will there be some more character interactions (like Vi and Cait or Kha and Rengar) added for already existing champions later? (my initial hope being Jarvan IV and Swain of course)

Ternce

09-20-2013

Will Lore re-writes ever stop, or are will they continue to be overhauled every year or so?

It's my belief that Ron Perlman should oversee your lore department, and simply walk around all day saying "Lore. Lore never changes."

Glテクry

09-20-2013

he said he liked FFT. that's good enough for me.