I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celcya

09-19-2013

bah , pig

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2013

Hi there! It's nice to know that there will always be jobs for people who love to write.

I have a few questions for you:

1) When did you start writing? (As in, when did you actually start spending your spare time on writing things)
2) Do you like books? If so, what are some of your favorites?
3) I'm excited for that post on being a video game author (considering that being a video-game author is like in my top 2 list of things that I want to be, right before just regular "Author". Not really a question...)

PteraBite

09-19-2013

Who do you think is going to win LCS?

StanielK

09-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Every time we do an event, the state of the world moves forward in time. And all those changes in the world are persistent. You can safely assume that every new event and teaser and login screen we do builds off what came before.
Awesome. So when can we expect the next event? Will it be after S4 starts or in the downtown between S3 and S4? Also, about the next champ, are you guys waiting until after worlds for her to hit? Can you comment on if it's the one in the Pool Party splash? Can you give one random detail about her appearance? Or if you can't answer any of that, one last song to leave us with?

Timjin

09-19-2013

Quote:

No seriously, dude.

Can't wait!

I only pray her Theme is as awesome as Vi's!

Shattered Clock

09-19-2013

Quote:
All of us writers at Riot believe that your preferred slash pairing defines you as a person.
I must know the slash pairings of all Rioters now. Barring that, what kind of person am I if my slash paring is Soraka and Malzahar?(I also Friendship Nasus x Swain).

Serious question though. I've thought long and hard about what I want to do in life. I've come to the conclusion that I all I really ever wanted to do was entertain people and tell them stories. Be it through stage acting, music, pro-wrestling (for reals, I actually do this), book writing, or any other medium I could find.

Now creative writing seems like a perfect fit for me as far as college goes, but looking at the current economics of the country I'm considering marketing and maybe going off to Law School after that to get a more "stable," job if the pro-wrestling/rockstar thing doesn't work out.

Granted, I could always do this and keep the writing on the side, but I'm a firm believer in chasing your dreams. However, I'm also a firm believer in having a roof over your head.

What I'm trying to ask is how do I know if Creative Writing is for me? Can I get hired in Writing positions if my creativity and knowledge shine through the fact that I don't have a 4-6 year degree in writing or is that piece of paper more important than the person behind it?

Last question.

Xelnath commented that the next female champion would not have enormous chesticles (as is customary for all female League champs). I am inclined to believe him, but can you confirm or deny this?

Zerglinator

09-19-2013

Quote:

No seriously, dude.

Ah! So our champion preview is smiley faces?

This means she's a happy character.

Ransom

Creative Designer

09-19-2013
19 of 39 Riot Posts

Okay guys, stepping away for a bit. Those of you aspiring writers who had questions, I'm not ignoring you. I'll compile some answers in a single post for you guys! And don't worry, I'll keep answering questions as long as you keep asking them. If you don't hear from me tonight, I'll be back tomorrow!

Celcya

09-19-2013

i hope she is more down to earth, not all girls are the size of a toothpick and have a chest that would break their backs if they bent over

Valodor

09-19-2013

Hmm you know if you like shipping so much how about making a love triangle between Ezreal, Lux and someone who has the same glove thing as Ezreal. I read somewhere on the forums about that.