Did you know you can check your Dom Elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Manse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
What makes me sceptical is that I know I'm over 2k MMR. I was 1886 at +26 wins over losses when jabe bot stopped. Right now I'm something like +42 wins over losses. If each win is an average of 12 elo, then that's another +16 wins at 12 elo each which is 192 elo more then I had, so I'd say plus or minus 50 elo of 2078 is where I'm at, so to assume I'm over 2k is a pretty safe bet. Also, I only solo queue, so my elo gain per game on average is actually better than 12 (evidenced by my 1886 rating at a mere +26 wins over losses, and because I more often play against premade teams then I do playing with premade teams, to which losses hit less and wins are worth more). I've also only played something like 150 games since that jabe bot record, so the chance for some great shift isn't likely.

All that said, quickfind.kassadin.in places my elo anywhere from 1650-2200, but probably 7 times out of 10 the teams' elo is mid 1700's. I know for a fact I'm a few hundred above that. If I were to believe the site, I would assume I'm probably sitting around 1800 elo if I averaged my team elo over a bunch of games. This makes me believe the site is using some kind of algorithm involving wins and losses, because my elo is a lot higher than normal for my number of wins over losses. This, and I see big names like MMKH, SifuCalvin, or Aparkhurst in my games and the team's average would still be like 1800-1900. I think the MMR shown is greatly errored, by up to 200 elo.
Multiple issues are in play here:

1) +wins is not a guarantee of status. If you win a game that you are predicted to win, you gain less rank than an upset. So you could lose one game, then win one, and not be at your starting Elo. Wins are certainly correlated with rank improvement, but not causal.

2) quickfire is showing only the team average. If you are at 2k, which is certainly possible, you could be paired with a 1650 4 man team.

3) I don't think matchmaking understands normal curves. My gut tells me that the system takes your mmr/Elo and looks in a range of +/-x, and expands from there. The problem is that, for anyone one deviation above the mean, there are more people below you than above. I think this is why people get "stuck" at 1700-2k, you are often the only decent player

AldrickExGladius

09-15-2013

Is there a way to see the MMR in the past games listed, or just the current one?

AlienJ7

09-15-2013

I've noticed that when I queue during the day I am mostly around 1300-1400 mmr, but when I play at night I've been all the way up to 1800 at times. I figure that my real mmr must be between 1300-1400. It's not exact but I think if you check over several games you get a pretty good idea of where you're at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldrickExGladius View Post
Is there a way to see the MMR in the past games listed, or just the current one?
I believe just the current one.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

09-15-2013

you used your instead of you're

god way to make us look bad geez

Fancy Wolf

09-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post

mehhhh mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I DONT PLAY LOL TO GRAMMER!!

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

09-15-2013

incorrect grammar? that ****'s for nerds.

NERD

AlienJ7

09-15-2013

Quote:

If you meant in the title he used your correctly.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2013

Quote:

Fancy also pulls out a calculator to do basic subtraction on stream.

Fancy Wolf

09-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferer View Post
Fancy also pulls out a calculator to do basic subtraction on stream.
BASIC MY ASS!!

THERE WAS AT LEAST 3 DlGITS IN BOTH THOSE NUMEBRS THAT NEEDED TO BE SUBRTRACTED