A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RakshirX

09-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoseyPoo View Post
What if his ult had another activation that can only be activated after a kill? Like Ult, go q someone to death, ult and runaway from the 4 people that are trying to kill you. Maybe even make it so the second activation can't be delayed.
Ya know what, that idea of 'on klll activation' is quite brilliant. If he received a massive heal from making a kill, that would hugely help his teamfight survivability. In fact, that could well fix that problem entirely. Hunting a marked target, 'Kill Elation', massive heal on kill, good times. It's not too far off from what Darius can do - keep spamming his ultimate on kill. This would still make Rengar players build for dmg and not tanking because they'd need the high dmg to ensure they made the final strike. But hey, we know Scarz is well into the remake and can't make big changes now, but it's always worth throwing ideas around. I'm still eager to see an update to his numbers and skills soon.

UBR AwesomeBoss

09-14-2013

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...ps82375879.png

Am I the only one that hears "RAW !" when Rengar roars ? Not only that, but when Rengar says come on it sounds exactly like Gordon Ramsay.

Riot
Pls

lightdragoon88

09-14-2013

Name:  fanart_760px_653.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  75.0 KB

Xore

Recruiter

09-15-2013

BONUS ROUND:

So, i'm redoing the numbers on Bonetooth atm. Thinking of adding a secondary passive to make it more attractive to Rengar players in lane, while also having synergy with Jungle.

How does this sound?

PASSIVE: Heals X amount on kill. On champion or significant minion/monster, the Heal is multiplied (by maybe 3 or 5, whichever makes sense and is significant.)

So i don't know what the number would be, but the idea is that it gives him a minor level of sustain that synergizes with last-hitting (minion kills could give you a small amount of sustain, with Siege Minions giving you the Significant bonus, ala Thresh/Nasus/Veigar collection games) while also being a useful mitigation in the jungle - esp on camps like Wraiths where you'd likely outheal the little guys.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Yes please.

Nielspeterdejong

09-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakshirX View Post
Ya know what, that idea of 'on klll activation' is quite brilliant. If he received a massive heal from making a kill, that would hugely help his teamfight survivability. In fact, that could well fix that problem entirely. Hunting a marked target, 'Kill Elation', massive heal on kill, good times. It's not too far off from what Darius can do - keep spamming his ultimate on kill. This would still make Rengar players build for dmg and not tanking because they'd need the high dmg to ensure they made the final strike. But hey, we know Scarz is well into the remake and can't make big changes now, but it's always worth throwing ideas around. I'm still eager to see an update to his numbers and skills soon.
Actually I think this is pretty good! This will allow him to the the assassin he is, and be rewarded for taking out priority targets. Champions like Akali can just go in kill instantly, and use bubble. Rengar currently has to go in, hope he can get the kill, and then hope he doesn't get killed. Which pretty sucks compared to face rollers like Akali or Darius. I hope Scarizard takes this into account

noblubber

09-15-2013

Quote:
I feel like this would make a really good Bonetooth bonus, but having it simply as a part of his ult at all times it would be a lot harder to balance. Besides, Rengar doesn't really need this bonus till later in the game, so having it as the 9 stack (simply an example, it could go elsewhere) would allow it to be available late game (possibly mid-game if the Rengar player is a true hunter). It would also allow it to be more significant than if it were a flat part of his ult mechanic and really adds a nice utility aspect (something Scarz was looking for over raw damage output) to the Bonetooth.

Alternatively, split it between the 2 so that Rengar players who don't get Bonetooth don't feel like they are truly missing out on the heal, just not getting as strong of one.

devries5th

09-15-2013

Hey Scarz can you give us a update? Any new bonus rounds or something? I know worlds start today but just whenever you have time that would great.

NA Darklarik

09-15-2013

Update plz?

Specifically, is there an ETA yet on PBE realese?

RakshirX

09-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielspeterdejong View Post
Actually I think this is pretty good! This will allow him to the the assassin he is, and be rewarded for taking out priority targets. Champions like Akali can just go in kill instantly, and use bubble. Rengar currently has to go in, hope he can get the kill, and then hope he doesn't get killed. Which pretty sucks compared to face rollers like Akali or Darius. I hope Scarizard takes this into account
Ya know, after thinking about this a tad more, I must adjust my opinion on the matter. Rengar usually leaps to the target with full health during a teamfight anyways, and the kill is made quickly thereafter. I suspect he'd be burst to pieces just the same as before... but I still like the on-kill bonus idea, but it has to be something to help his survivability. It could be, instead, a big armor and MR boost for 2 seconds, or it could be something as OP as .5 seconds of invulnerability (like Jax's annoying silly lamp-post spin), just to mitigate that huge damage spike againgst him after the assassination. It could say, "Rengar is so delighted at making his kill that he's invulnerable to damage for 1 second while he collects his trophy". A pretty simple fix to the huge problem of his after assassination survivability.

Insanities Eye

09-16-2013

Quote:
Ya know, after thinking about this a tad more, I must adjust my opinion on the matter. Rengar usually leaps to the target with full health during a teamfight anyways, and the kill is made quickly thereafter. I suspect he'd be burst to pieces just the same as before... but I still like the on-kill bonus idea, but it has to be something to help his survivability. It could be, instead, a big armor and MR boost for 2 seconds, or it could be something as OP as .5 seconds of invulnerability (like Jax's annoying silly lamp-post spin), just to mitigate that huge damage spike againgst him after the assassination. It could say, "Rengar is so delighted at making his kill that he's invulnerable to damage for 1 second while he collects his trophy". A pretty simple fix to the huge problem of his after assassination survivability.
ok to be honest, enough of this "oh rengar needs survivability because he is an assassin," ok to clarify, the only reason rengar could jump into a 1v5 situation is because of his tri-Q combo. Now he is an ACTUAL classified assassin in this game, which means he has to wait for the opportune moment to strike someone, whether it is a team fight or when someone is caught out. Rengar now takes skills and strategy to play, and is now more team based champion, putting a passive like this only makes people want to 1v5 a team even more and potentially lose the game when they realize that they cant kill the ADC within .5 seconds