Morello just said Void Staff is OP. EVERYBODY ABUSE VOID STAFF QUICk!

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shppy

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The problem is mostly based around that Void Staff and LW are just simply solid damage items as opposed to situational buys to deal with heavy resist stacks. BC's flat pen doesn't apply to this because flat pen is actually more effective against lower resistances (due to diminishing returns on the effect of resists). BC is a damage item that helps physical damage teammates.

well, i've proposed this solution multiple times, but I'll say it again:

Ever consider making %penetration (and reduction) only act based on *bonus* armor/mr? Flat pen and reduction would still affect total armor/mr (thereby retaining them as the counter to not getting mitigation, and making pen/reduction a more legitimate anti-mitigation stat rather than a guaranteed damage amp)

Probably would want to buff the percentages if that were to happen, and more flat options should then be added in, at least for armor (there's enough flat magic pen and reduction to deal with natural MR, that's definitely not the case with armor though). Preferably things more focused on sizable flat armor pen, rather than just 10-15 values (but not easily rushable to outright negate early armor, either... something like 10 + 1.5/level armor pen, to restrict them from being too powerful rushes)

Rule 34

09-11-2013

Quote:
The problem is mostly based around that Void Staff and LW are just simply solid damage items as opposed to situational buys to deal with heavy resist stacks. BC's flat pen doesn't apply to this because flat pen is actually more effective against lower resistances (due to diminishing returns on the effect of resists). BC is a damage item that helps physical damage teammates.
How would you propose to get around this? Make LW/VS have a huge combine cost from a single offensive item, making it require huge amounts of penetration to be slot efficient? Or will there be some other change that will reduce the overall appeal of %penetration?

Red Ryu

09-11-2013

Quote:
Is a front line ever not gonna get a lot of armor? Or is last whisper and in turn Void staff too good because they deal high damage still to people who aren't stacking resists?

Assassin530

09-11-2013

Quote:
I Would think that changes to both Void Staff AND Last Whisper (if implemented)would need to be done with caution. I am focusing on two specific classes of champions. Burst AP casters and Burst AD casters. They are already a must-buy item. some even as a 2nd or 3rd item. How would this work without benefiting other classes too much while maybe gimping these two classes? (AD/AD Burst reliant casters).

Devi Freak Mint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2013

Deathcap also feels on the weak side. Unless you have crazy good AP scaling (i.e.: Karthus) or long rage (i.e.: Lux). Deathfire Grasp feels like a much better item. And at 120AP, rushing Zhonya's doesn't even feel like a huge DPS loss.

DFG is a super popular buy. Zhonya's is core if you want to make plays (even more so in solo queue). By the time Deathcap becomes a viable buy, the enemy team will have more than enough MR to justify buying a Void Staff instead.

Vacus

09-11-2013

I abuse Last Whisper, personally.

Playing Talon and Lee Sin, just build Hydra/Last Whisper, it doesn't matter what your opponents are doing, then wreck ****.

Banana King IV

09-11-2013

Quote:
Are you not already? I sure am.
Why do you guys respond to silly things like this, and none of the real issues on the forums?

Devi Freak Mint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana King IV View Post
Why do you guys respond to silly things like this, and none of the real issues on the forums?
Like what?

GhostStalker

09-11-2013

Heaven forbid AP Mages like Viktor and the like have items that let them do great damage!

TwR

09-11-2013

Quote:

Hows the Silver life you void staff abuser <3

1234567 ... 8