Morello just said Void Staff is OP. EVERYBODY ABUSE VOID STAFF QUICk!

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elewd

09-11-2013

so riot DID know, i mean it gives more raw damage than buying a rabadons deathcap. same for lastwhisper, however items for ad also give extra effects such as lifesteal and critchance/damage.

Assassin530

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Are you not already? I sure am.
Morello, What about LW and BC? how exactly are the state of these two items together and by themselves in your opinion? Considering how cost efficient LW is I feel that it should cost considerably more than it does currently. That or give little to no bonus AD.

Edit: Maybe even a new recipe.

Elewd

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin530 View Post
Morello, What about LW and BC? how exactly are the state of these two items together and by themselves in your opinion? Considering how cost efficient LW is I feel that it should cost considerably more than it does currently. That or give little to no bonus AD.
Im not a red or anything but i'll give my opinion on it,

Black cleaver is actually in a decent spot due to its cost, it gives you the right amount of stats for its cost.

lastwhisper is cheaper than a bloodthirster and gives you more raw damage due to the armor penetration part.

Sleipnir of Hel

09-11-2013

Quote:
I've been playing more junglers, so not buying it as often then of course . But pound-per-pound, it's one of the best AP items out there - MR or not.
I find myself not buying it as much, but rather opting for flat MR reduction. MPen boots, Liandry, and Abyssal. Don't get me wrong, it's a great buy, but I prefer utility over raw damage.

Arczer

09-11-2013

Quote:
I've been playing more junglers, so not buying it as often then of course . But pound-per-pound, it's one of the best AP items out there - MR or not.
One of the only problems I encounter with it is that shields & health counter it pretty hard, so, try to keep that in mind when comparing Voidstaff to something like Deathcap
Otherwise, I agree

Morello

Lead Designer

09-11-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin530 View Post
The problem is mostly based around that Void Staff and LW are just simply solid damage items as opposed to situational buys to deal with heavy resist stacks. BC's flat pen doesn't apply to this because flat pen is actually more effective against lower resistances (due to diminishing returns on the effect of resists). BC is a damage item that helps physical damage teammates.

Red Ryu

09-11-2013

Void staff gives a good chunk of AP with that MR pen.

Elewd

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir of Hel View Post
I find myself not buying it as much, but rather opting for flat MR reduction. MPen boots, Liandry, and Abyssal. Don't get me wrong, it's a great buy, but I prefer utility over raw damage.
Liandries gives you less magic pen than a Voidstaff for an extra 700 gold. The passive isn't even that useful on a lot of people as well, you wouldn't buy it on syndra or Veigar. you want more raw damage from them.

0xiDIzE

09-11-2013

Quote:
C'mon, it's not like anybody rushes Void Staff first. It's fourth or fifth in your progression, assuming it's even a necessary item. No more or less useful than LW to an ADC.

Besides, as someone who plays all roles, I think AP-based champions are still a lot worse off than their AD counterparts. Mages are pretty much dead except for a select couple.

anonymous4000

09-11-2013

I feel like if Void Staff gets nerfed, single target bursters, such as Veigar or Leblanc, whose position in the game aren't superb at the moment, will be hit the hardest because if the enemy just buys a single MR item like banshees or spirit visage, their kill potential goes way down.

123456 ... 8