@Lyte Referencing "Teamwork OP"

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cether

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Time's up. BACK INTO THE CAVE!
Pls. You know the data mines are like, his favorite place to go. In fact, I'll bet he's already there.

QuinnTessential

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-11-2013

I see what they did since that power point. The 4th pillar is all about the honor system. Spotlighting positive behavior and showing off "what good looks like" through the crests of honor.

Pillar 5 mostly relates to toxicity and how it spreads among teams before the game even starts. In champion select, for example, how a match is determined based on attitude in that area alone, "I called mid first." "No I did." "Fine I'm going AD Heimerdinger," just to point out an example. Which (I'm pretty sure) RIOT is working on now.

Rillain

09-11-2013

Dafuq? Lyte just ignore OP's main point...

QuinnTessential

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-11-2013

I think this deserves a bump.

Nam Shub of Enki

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillain View Post
Dafuq? Lyte just ignore OP's main point...
Watch the video

Rhyperius

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
Did you know the most famous psycological experiment is often falsely reported on? That is the Milgram Experiment. The conclusions reached in psycology books are false conclusions based on a single instance of the experiment.
There is a woman who dedicated her life to researching this and was shocked to find completely different results when looking at the other instances that Milgram conducted his same experiment.
She found that the results where not consistent at all. And yet, this is still taught in psycology classes across the world as if it was true.

http://www.npr.org/2013/08/28/209559...bedience-study

This was on NPR.
Shocking how science can be misapplied to reach false conclusion then become fact albeit not actually being true at all.

"Over 700 people took part in the experiments. When the news of the experiment was first reported, and the shocking statistic that 65 percent of people went to maximum voltage on the shock machine was reported, very few people, I think, realized then and even realize today that that statistic applied to 26 of 40 people. Of those other 700-odd people, obedience rates varied enormously. In fact, there were variations of the experiment where no one obeyed."
Thank you for giving me some extra credit material to utilize in my Psychology class sir!!

Ding an Sich

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
Did you know the most famous psycological experiment is often falsely reported on? That is the Milgram Experiment. The conclusions reached in psycology books are false conclusions based on a single instance of the experiment.
There is a woman who dedicated her life to researching this and was shocked to find completely different results when looking at the other instances that Milgram conducted his same experiment.
She found that the results where not consistent at all. And yet, this is still taught in psycology classes across the world as if it was true.

http://www.npr.org/2013/08/28/209559...bedience-study

This was on NPR.
Shocking how science can be misapplied to reach false conclusion then become fact albeit not actually being true at all.

"Over 700 people took part in the experiments. When the news of the experiment was first reported, and the shocking statistic that 65 percent of people went to maximum voltage on the shock machine was reported, very few people, I think, realized then and even realize today that that statistic applied to 26 of 40 people. Of those other 700-odd people, obedience rates varied enormously. In fact, there were variations of the experiment where no one obeyed."

Actually you're mistaken. She ultimately showed that he was beyond the ethics of even his own time, in terms of what he did (some participants for example she revealed, Milgram urged 1-3 times, and others as high at 26 times). However THIS STUDY HAS BEEN REPLICATED ACROSS THE WORLD UNDER BETTER CONDITIONS.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...110673420.html

The article above goes on about it in greater detail, but all she showed was milgram was willing to cut corners, however the results do remain the same. Sadly that NPR article is mainly glamour in the form of building intrigue, then actual depth of the book and the validity of what Mrs. Perry really does.

Gods Grunt

09-11-2013

@ lyte dude, i just watched that video.
i... understand. i am happy of your team's accomplishments and hope you continue on your quest!

another thing. i happened to really start playing league after changes such as tribunal and optional cross chat, and i feel that i am a very positive player, to you think there is correlation or just coincidence?

BelligerentGnu

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
They let scientists out of the cave once in awhile...

The video is indeed neat, Lyte, but it's been out for awhile.

Surely there's new data you can release from the batcave by now, yes?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-11-2013
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
The video is indeed neat, Lyte, but it's been out for awhile.

Surely there's new data you can release from the batcave by now, yes?

We have a few new insights that we really want to share, but we're not quite ready yet. I thought the video had some new stats that were interesting too!

1234567 ... 9