Good morning, summoners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Denerka

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCaptainLx View Post
Hi Denerka,

I wish I had more insight into the issue - then I'd know better whom to forward it to. If you are using third party apps then we are aware that the patch does cause inconveniences but I'm not sure whom to talk to internally about it. The best thing you can do, other than raising awareness on the forums, is to create a support ticket. You'll be surprised at the turnaround time of these - I know it sucks to be stuck in technical issues and I hope we resolve them soon for you, but our player support will be able to answer your question much faster than it would take me trying to find a person that can help you in this - Riot has grown a lot and I'd have to take the time to understand the exact technical implications and then look for the right person - while our player support is aware of the issues and knows whom to talk to. My tip is this: write a ticket, explain how the current patch is affecting you personally, and ask them what we can do to fix that... I hope this will help you!

Lx
Thank you for the response, but you have missed the point of my concern.

Riot has always pushed for community relations (and usually succeeds). Riot themselves created a post in the "Service Status" forum (which I linked you to in my initial post) about the ongoing disconnection issues, and has since left us in the dark. It's been a week.

This isn't me "being stuck in a technical issue." Riot's support (which is full of Ctrl C + Ctrl V responses anyways, but that's a topic for another day) isn't going to solve the issue. I'm not annoyed by the fact that the disconnection issues are still present; I'm annoyed by the fact that Riot has yet to update the community on the issue.

Again, I thank you for your effort.

mvdragon

09-11-2013

=) thanks meing.

RiotCaptainLx

Senior Animator

09-11-2013
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Night has fallen... so have more Teemos. And Irelia. Also, Lulu. Garen, that slouch. And Ahri. Come to think of it, so did Sona. And then Cho'Gath. Annie. Lucien. Thresh. Kog'Maw. And let's not forget about Lux. And Kat. Man, she should have fallen for me... now she's dead. Poor Kat... such a beauty. Oh, that reminds me of Akali. Dead, of course. Nasus, axed. And Renekton. Brotherly death. Yeah... it IS the League of Draven after all.

Cytus

09-11-2013

I feel so many things after reading that.

UnderworldH4des

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCaptainLx View Post
Night has fallen... so have more Teemos. And Irelia. Also, Lulu. Garen, that slouch. And Ahri. Come to think of it, so did Sona. And then Cho'Gath. Annie. Lucien. Thresh. Kog'Maw. And let's not forget about Lux. And Kat. Man, she should have fallen for me... now she's dead. Poor Kat... such a beauty. Oh, that reminds me of Akali. Dead, of course. Nasus, axed. And Renekton. Brotherly death. Yeah... it IS the League of Draven after all.
Good, you killed them all, and you didn't kill Zyra, so here's a cookie! <3

RiotCaptainLx

Senior Animator

09-11-2013
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderworldH4des View Post
Good, you killed them all, and you didn't kill Zyra, so here's a cookie! <3
Zyra just didn't fall down... I sliced her into many pieces and made a salad.

straitstoneddddd

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotcaptainlx View Post
may the game be fair and the bounty be plentiful!
i have a question why is your game so anti freedom of speech?

Morior Invictis

09-11-2013

Best thread ever.

LUS Montplaisir

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by straitstoneddddd View Post
i have a question why is your game so anti freedom of speech?
You're kidding, right? Riot follows the 'freedom of speech' amendment better than most American judiciaries. They just don't tolerate jerks. I cuss in games frequently, but it's never done to belittle or berate others, so I've never (to my knowledge) been to the Tribunal; I've certainly never experienced consequences, mostly because I don't act like an ass. So there's "random" cussing off the table in terms of your 'freedom of speech'. Canada has no 'freedom of speech', because frankly a right like that is mildly ridiculous. Do some research on it, its really weird, and although I would tend to advocate for more freedom at any level, freedom of speech causes...many issues that could be easily rectified without it. So uhhh...yeah <sigh>.
Then there's words the denote racism, or general discrimination against a specific group; we know what these words are, I won't repeat them here. These classify as "Hate Speech", and are NOT protected by the First Amendment in a public place, which League of Legends is technically classified as due to its 'free to play' nature and it's location on the internet (if I'm not mistaken, Riot or Law Students correct me if I am). In Canada, its illegal to promote hate speech or use it in public.
Then there's the willful spreading of misinformation. No laws against that, but its aggravating. I think we can at least all agree on that.
Religious speech. It's all good, but the zealotry exhibited in conversion can be annoying; so this probably isn't the place for it.
I can't honestly think of anything else that would fall under the First Amendment, but bring it up if you find something I've missed (if you feel the need), and please correct me if I'm error (and CITE YOUR SOURCES, I MUST LEARN ALL OF THE THINGS).

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUS Montplaisir View Post
You're kidding, right? Riot follows the 'freedom of speech' amendment better than most American judiciaries. They just don't tolerate jerks. I cuss in games frequently, but it's never done to belittle or berate others, so I've never (to my knowledge) been to the Tribunal; I've certainly never experienced consequences, mostly because I don't act like an ass. So there's "random" cussing off the table in terms of your 'freedom of speech'. Canada has no 'freedom of speech', because frankly a right like that is mildly ridiculous. Do some research on it, its really weird, and although I would tend to advocate for more freedom at any level, freedom of speech causes...many issues that could be easily rectified without it. So uhhh...yeah <sigh>.
Then there's words the denote racism, or general discrimination against a specific group; we know what these words are, I won't repeat them here. These classify as "Hate Speech", and are NOT protected by the First Amendment in a public place, which League of Legends is technically classified as due to its 'free to play' nature and it's location on the internet (if I'm not mistaken, Riot or Law Students correct me if I am). In Canada, its illegal to promote hate speech or use it in public.
Then there's the willful spreading of misinformation. No laws against that, but its aggravating. I think we can at least all agree on that.
Religious speech. It's all good, but the zealotry exhibited in conversion can be annoying; so this probably isn't the place for it.
I can't honestly think of anything else that would fall under the First Amendment, but bring it up if you find something I've missed (if you feel the need), and please correct me if I'm error (and CITE YOUR SOURCES, I MUST LEARN ALL OF THE THINGS).
One big note you forgot. The First Amendment, as a legal document, only protects your rights from the government infringing/passing laws about them. As LoL is a service/product provided by a company, they can pretty much do what they wish in terms of censorship in their provided chat client. Of course doing so can anger their user base, but they do have free reign to do what they will. So many people seem to miss this part.