Riot please there is a Vladimir bug since several patches ago

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iznowgood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
It will also not be in 3.05. However, we do have a fix being worked on for a future release. Please do not bump threads incessantly; I'll update you when I have extra information.Bumping unfortunately does not expedite the fix when we are already aware of the issue. Thanks!
Not sure if I should laugh or cry

QwertyiouP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iznowgood View Post
not sure if i should laugh or cry
LOLo

orghak 7

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
Hm. Sorry I just saw that this thread was still going. This was marked as fixed internally. Clearly it is still happening, so I'll reopen the ticket and have it investigated. Sorry for the delay.
It's about time fgt

GutEveryone

09-11-2013

woo, here's hoping it's being looked at. this self-silencing bug is seriously one of the main reasons i don't play him these days. that final moment of a duel when he comes out of pool and tries to get one Q off always results in enemies being able to cast before i do.

pool and hemoplague self-silence

edit: thanks Joz for keeping in touch, though the news that this is intended is rough to swallow. the pool-silence bug has been around for a while, multiple years as far as i know. i have never been able to attack before my opponent hits me when i come out of pool, and i have 22 ping playing against aussies. vlad always takes the first hit after pooling

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-11-2013
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Hey all, here's an update.

Unfortunately, my last update was not quite correct. There was some unclear communication internally.

TL;DR of all the miscommunication is this: This is intended behavior. 6 months ago we tried taking away the cast animation. Vlad's power level spiked through the roof - his burst was insane. Nerfs would have accompanied this bugfix (kind of like when we fixed Rumble's Q). The not quite intended behavior is that you can actually cast his W immediately after his ult, but the decision was made to leave that in rather than 'fix' that. His Q and E, for now, will continue to not be able to be cast after his ult for approximately 1 second.

All this being said, it's not a clear player experience. We'll be graying out his abilities after you cast his Hemoplague so it is clear that this is the intended behavior. When you are in a teamfight, ulting will be a conscious decision - do it a second before your abilities come off cooldown to maximize your damage throughout the fight.

Sorry that I didn't keep a closer eye on this. I should've investigated more fully before updating you guys, so I apologize for any confusion my previous post contributed!

@GutEveryone: I'll doublecheck on the pool locking you out as well though. I did not cover that in my conversations.

QwertyiouP

Recruiter

09-11-2013

unexpected plot twist

But what kind of ability has a "cast animation" that lasts for 1 second, while also being able to move?

Nightwhite3

09-11-2013

Please fix this, I've died and lost so many kills because my Q doesn't go off after I ult

Auryiel

09-11-2013

What....

The ACTUAL F*CK KIND OF INTENDED BEHAVIOUR IS THIS?!

A ONE-SECOND casting animation? You're serious?

Can we get a designer on this? This is just ridiculous.... Vlad is not even problematic right now and this is honestly killing the feel of playing the champion. Imagine Thresh not being able to cast an ability for 1 second after he used Death Leap

KevinDelMarr

09-11-2013

This makes no sense. How is adding 12% onto one round of Q and E an over buff? You're lookng at around 100-150 damage before resistances are applied (oh boy that's insane), and that's if you have tons of AP. Why would you actively make a Champion feel bad, this is a step back from what one would consider good design

So when are we getting a delay on Zed's abilities, it only makes sense, right?

March of Dimes

09-11-2013

This sounds terrible.