I suck at CSing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lakitu

09-11-2013

My goal is

70cs by 10
150cs by 20.
230cs by 30.

Sometimes you don't always get to farm much past the 30 min mark, though, unless both teams are turtling. 30 is usually when major teamfights or objective contesting breaks out.

bérnkastel

09-11-2013

10 min = 60 seconds. minion waves collide atound 2 min in so you get 8 min of minons. 13 minions each minute (waves come every 30 sec but the siege minion alternates) means in 8 min you get 104 minions. 70% isn't bad.... but it's not good.

easy way to learn to lasthit minions is to left click and wtach the hp till till your AA (attack dmg) can finish it off.

Duril

09-11-2013

in custom, you really want to shoot for being able to hit 90-100 cs at 10. In game, results may vary. If it is a high kill game, you CS will suffer, but your gold will stay up. But if things are passive you want to keep your CS around 80-90 at 10, and shoot for 180-200ish by 20.

Matake

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewFish121 View Post
how can it be hard in a custom...there's nobody to stop you
cs is the easiest thing about this game
This. How the ****? You shouldn't practice in unrealistic settings. You can't practice CSing when you're going to be just last hitting in custom. You need to practice against an enemy in normals. At least do bots. Custom games should only be used for checking builds.

Poro Support

09-11-2013

Not sure why Duril got downvoted...

Unless you're super pro you're not going to be Alex Ich Kha'zix 300 CS at 25 mins.

Calintz6565

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matake View Post
This. How the ****? You shouldn't practice in unrealistic settings.
Because it's advice I generally see.

Dyvius

09-11-2013

Yeah, the biggest recommendation from what I've learned as I continually try to CS better and better is that you don't wanna hit the minions except for a last hit if you've got an opponent. Only focus a minion right at the last hit moment, so that your opponent won't have as much time to harass you while you pick up some gold.

And another thing: becoming super familiar with how much damage your champ does to a minion at various points in the game is huge. That way you have a very low chance of getting that one hit where you thought you had the CS but instead you just missed it and a minion attack finished the deal.

It's all in the practice.

Samizul

Champion Designer

09-11-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Definitely take the butcher mastery - how many minions have you missed CSing by 4 hp? Probably like 10 per game at least. Also take Spellsword anytime you're playing a mage, it's another couple damage per attack.

Don't be afraid to spend low mana cost abilities to snag a CS you might otherwise miss. I'll CS with Kha'zix or Ezreal Q all day long. If you're on a mage you can also just buy a ton of AP - if it fits your build - in order to get more last hits later in the game. Being able to clear a wave or even the cast minions with a single Lux E will net you a lot of easy CS.

One thing I sometimes do, especially on mages or other low AD champions, is I'll look at the number of damage I'm doing to a minion. If I see a 76 fly off a dude, then I know I shouldn't AA until his health is below - or about to be below - that number. Just like how you'd check your smite value then watch Baron's health for the right time to use it, you can do the same with your AAs for last hitting.

JMN gamer

09-11-2013

my advice learn to jungle

cimbop

09-11-2013

Hey Samizul, how do you feel about the disparity between AD/AP in terms of last hitting? With so many ads going mid these days I'm finding it really hard to keep up in cs without spending all my mana.

Any thoughts?