Client being very weird - HELP

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoonLvlOver9k

09-11-2013

Hey guys I finished a ranked game a few minutes ago, and the stats were a bit sluggish and I didnt care to look at them so I clicked the "skip waiting for stats" button and then closed my client cause I went to go eat some lunch before playing again (I dont think the fact I skipped waiting for stats is relevant but I thought I would mention). Now, I go to reopen my client and its telling me ive abandoned a game and to reconnect to it. I clicked reconnect figuring it would try to reconnect and realize there is no game to reconnect to, and it would sort itself out that way. However, instead it just goes to a black screen and stays that way indefinitely. Ive tried relogging and restarting my computer, but the server is under the impression Ive left a game even though no such game exists. Any fix ?

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

09-11-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Sometimes ghost games occur and generally fix themselves within 1-15 minutes. The fact that you were away to lunch strikes me as odd. Does anyone else have access to your account? You may consider changing your password as your account may have been compromised. I'd also check out your match history for unexpected games.

GoonLvlOver9k

09-11-2013

Interesting. I took a look at my match history by way of lolking.net and theres nothing out of the ordinary, besides perhaps the fact the ranked match I played just before this issue started isnt there, but that probably has to do with the fact its a third party website, and also the fact I skipped the stat screen which Ive noticed delays matches showing up in the history. So I dont think my account has been compromised. Must just be the "ghost game" issue, though the threshold of 15 minutes has definitely been exceeded. Ill wait it out and post again if it persists for much longer. Thank you for your response.

GoonLvlOver9k

09-11-2013

Alright Im still having this problem, though theres a development in the weirdness. I tried to reconnect to my ghost game a minute ago after waiting a half hour and instead of an endless black screen, it was black for a few seconds then crashed, reopened the client, and said "Game crashed. Please try to reconnect to the game" I hit this reconnect thinking maybe it would finally realize there is no game, but it just crashed again and reopened the same message. So whatever its doing is basically the same but has evolved slightly

GoonLvlOver9k

09-11-2013

Ok one more computer restart and it has resolved itself and Im good to go. I havent been credited with my ranked win I got just before this yet though. I assume its another thing I just have to wait out