Promotional Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coksauce

09-11-2013

Also known as we dont want you to fkn progress.

PowerbIade

09-11-2013

Meanwhile it just takes one loss from 0 LP to demote you.

Thanks, Riot. >.>

ItzMattu

Technical Analyst

09-11-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Trust me, you're not the only one who has bad promo series luck. Going on what feels like my 20th attempt starting tomorrow. We can make it though! Power through!!!

CLG Uzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzMattu View Post
Trust me, you're not the only one who has bad promo series luck. Going on what feels like my 20th attempt starting tomorrow. We can make it though! Power through!!!
Good guy

ColdMiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2013

Good luck! Granted me and my friends arent high ( but considering we are only really doing ranked this season after 3 seasons for some reason) we just promo'd to gold on first attempt after we got a concrete team down! (3v3) I wish you luck in your endeavors .

Zdravko TERA

09-11-2013

Quote:
Do you not see a problem with that though?

Why do you have two random games that mean so much relative to the rest, what happens if you're consistently unlucky for those two games?

Tell Morrello he should bring back elo for S4.

Sparket

09-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerbIade View Post
Meanwhile it just takes one loss from 0 LP to demote you.

Thanks, Riot. >.>
This is something that should be addressed

Sodaspree

09-11-2013

Quote:
That's the thing, it shouldn't be about luck. It shouldn't be about "I hope I don't get an afk'er, this is my last promo match" It's should be based on skill, not luck.

ItzMattu

Technical Analyst

09-11-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Even if there were no leagues, having people AFK on you or troll is still a present factor that affects your games. Statistically it still holds that if you are better than the skill at which you are playing, you will win more than you lose and go up over time.

Promotional series' serve as a clear point of progression for players, and make the fight to climb the ladder much more engaging. Does it suck when you lose your promo because someone AFKs? Sure does. But with 1 or a couple games, you should be back in it if you're destined to be the next division and fighting for the promo once again.

With that being said, we're always open to new ideas and suggestions on how to improve current experiences. I'd be more than happy to relay any solid ideas you guys have for how to make the experience holistically better.

Greenwheel

09-11-2013

Quote:
Even if there were no leagues, having people AFK on you or troll is still a present factor that affects your games. Statistically it still holds that if you are better than the skill at which you are playing, you will win more than you lose and go up over time.

Promotional series' serve as a clear point of progression for players, and make the fight to climb the ladder much more engaging. Does it suck when you lose your promo because someone AFKs? Sure does. But with 1 or a couple games, you should be back in it if you're destined to be the next division and fighting for the promo once again.

With that being said, we're always open to new ideas and suggestions on how to improve current experiences. I'd be more than happy to relay any solid ideas you guys have for how to make the experience holistically better.
just make me diamond V and everyone will be happier - promise