Let's talk about Soraka

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiftsLikeGaston

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Utility like this would need to replace Infuse. However, once we've replaced both Soraka's core healing and infuse... is she really Soraka anymore? I dunno.
Keep the healing but remove Infuse in favor of this imo. I mean, there's so many manaless champs her E can feel a bit useless at times. To me though when I think Soraka I think healing more than I do Infuse.

mertatron

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
I don't know. You'd kind of have to rewrite Soraka's Lore to explain why she no longer heals, but instead stole Lulu's Wild Growth. You'd also make her lane pretty lackluster, as she can no longer heal in-combat. Her basic heal is the foundation of her character, personally.

You'd have to define "stronger". Honestly, I don't think you CAN make Starcall stronger without harming the character that is Soraka.

well u can't just think of remove her heal and just add armor and nothing else ... there would be twiks too . but see all other supports ... they can protect without heals

thn making starcall stronger doesn't mean only in damage but also in utility.

I would see some kind of spell that prevent AA .. a blind maybe ? XD

without a heal she also would have better stats and if u need to change her lore .. so be it ... we will survive that I guess . I didn't like her new lore ... she had no more real interaction wth other people of ionia .. I liked her old lore better .. in her new lore she's too alone, she's not really feeling usefull in ionia ... like in league, she's just in her grove, forgotten. ... she needs to be a more important being in the lore of ionia .. lie a symbol of the island ... i her lore we should feel her power too.

Ytraz

09-10-2013

I think that making Soraka into a conditional healer would help her stay true to fans while making the kit overall more healthy for the league.

As one iteration: you could transform her traditional heal into a 2-part shield/heal. On cast, the target is shielded for a moderate amount. If the shield lasts the duration, nothing happens. However, if the shield is broken, the ally is healed.
---This type of ability would allow for more skillful plays both on the part of Soraka and her enemies.

Elewd

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
For that to work it would have to be a fairly infinitesimal % reduction, due to Starcall's ability to stack 20 times (no matter how unlikely it is to actually reach 20 stacks). Also kind of stepping on Sona's niche -- of all the Supports, Sona is the only one who can do that.

Urgot can as well, through his passive, but if he's played as a Support, his potential is already wasted anyhow.
what about adding the mana regen onto her new heal, to where if they are out of combat they get mana back as well, if cast on herself she won't get mana obviously,

Mirage Night

09-10-2013

Any thoughs of tying startcall into her heal.

Example

Star call hits enemies. Deals damage

Allies in x radius of enemy(s) gets heales x% of damage dealt to enemies.

Couple of things happen

1. You and you allies need to be engaged in a battle. Thus allowing for counter play
2. You are now a tractable resource. Allowing for for greater counter play
3. Your team fight potential now ramps up huge due to how the spell works.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

09-10-2013
18 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyariatheshaman View Post
If soraka's identity is changed from a supportive healer, to some sort of want to be mage like the other dozens of "Support Mages" in the bloody game, I quit.

Period, GG no RE.

Soraka is by far my favorite champion in league, even if she's not exactly the most viable champion. I will just flat out stop playing if her identity is changed :|
^^^

And this is exactly why we've elected to leave Soraka as non-competitive for right now. She can't be competitive and maintain the mechanics she has now. (see the 99 Morello posts above mine for details)

Krassith

09-10-2013

Make her heal unique so that it cures grievous wound and heals for the full amount. Good counter to that OP Ignite spell.

Oh how do you counterplay her heal now? Well how the **** do you counterplay ignite.

ShyvanasaurusRex

09-10-2013

i actually like soraka now as opposed to some ppl here i think she is great and way more useful then most of u say. if u want to change anything change either her passive to bonus armor instead or starfall to reducing enemy armor instead of mr. since she supports the adc that would be way more useful

Super Explosion

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
And this is why Lulu is a better expression of support mechanically (both in terms of game health and game mechanics).
Lulu? She's Harassment Janna.

That isn't the only thing support players want from support-- which is the point.

A support player feels good by enabling allies to attain heights of glory not possible without that support.

While Lulu ult does this partially, it's still in the same vein of largely all League support: expected servicing of the carry.

Dark Seer and Dazzle do not service the carry, they make sure the battlefield warps to enable plays for the entire team.

For Support to feel satisfying, they need visibility on par with 'epic crits'.

This can be accomplished through 'disabler' supports like Lulu and Janna, or 'enabler' supports like Soraka probably should be.

You perhaps just need to make enablement scale on the game's metrics of aggression.

DrShroob

09-10-2013

Maybe the core issue is infuse? I mean, how many ADCS need a huge mana buff? Graves and Urgot enjoy the extra mana, but it feels like the meta is shifting towards auto attack reliant adcs(Here's looking at you, Vayne).

The silence is nice, but in botlane, silences mostly affect the supports.