@ironstylus sivir pics?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Angry

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Nah, I'm just a lucky guy who gets to make pictures for a living
I think you nailed the level of buff-ness in that portrait that would reflect how Sivir moves/plays. She's chucking around like twice the weight Draven does, and it looks like it.

OMG halp meh plz

09-09-2013

Eh, I think you guys could have given her more muscle mass. Like 1-1.5 mm increased thigh radius, 1mm increased arm radius.

Ryze is more muscled and he doesn't even throw a meter long metal boomerang. DON'T BE AFRAID PLASTICPENCIL, YOU WON'T SCARE AWAY THE MALE DEMOGRAPHIC JUST BECAUSE A LADY CAN LIFT WEIGHTS.

Luscious Lenny

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG halp meh plz View Post
Eh, I think you guys could have given her more muscle mass. Like 1-1.5 mm increased thigh radius, 1mm increased arm radius.

Ryze is more muscled and he doesn't even throw a meter long metal boomerang. DON'T BE AFRAID PLASTICPENCIL, YOU WON'T SCARE AWAY THE MALE DEMOGRAPHIC JUST BECAUSE A LADY CAN LIFT WEIGHTS.
ryze got those muscles in prison.

KHAAAAANNNNN

09-09-2013

Now this might be me just being dumb but I'm a bit confused. Is Sivir just getting a VU or a relaunch? (VU being just graphics, where relaunch is minor kit adjustments + graphics etc?) Please clarify someone. Much thanks.

Luscious Lenny

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAAAAANNNNN View Post
Now this might be me just being dumb but I'm a bit confused. Is Sivir just getting a VU or a relaunch? (VU being just graphics, where relaunch is minor kit adjustments + graphics etc?) Please clarify someone. Much thanks.
VU with minor QoL changes.

Argent Heretic

09-09-2013

Its possible she may get minor kit changes. They may decide to change stuff before releasing the VU, so I guess we will find out later.

Quartzmonkey

09-09-2013

Holy hell. She is a sexy beast.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

09-09-2013
6 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSDragon View Post
I gotta ask, IronStylus, how come you decided to break your trend of efficiently armored women? I mean, I know Sivir was rocking a cloth battle bikini before, but I thought you would have given her the full Sejuani treatment since you're, well, you. The one designer of female characters who bucks the obnoxious trend of sexy at the expense of all function.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the concept is cool and all and totally fits an Amazonian, Xena-like warrior or a female berzerker archetype. The lack of torso armor does allow you to see how muscular and powerful she is. It's just a little weird seeing one of your designs having tons of accessory-armors (pauldrons, greaves, gauntlets etc) but leaving her entire torso unprotected.

Also: how do you feel about the shortening of your name to "I-Sty", pronounced like Einstein, but without the 'n's
So, I think you've said it yourself in that second paragraph. The concept serves the purpose of the character. Does Sivir need to be covered in head-to-toe plate for reasons of theme or function? Nope! There's some story to the various accouterments that she has, but that's a story for another time. Simple fact is that she's not riding into front line battle, she's agile, quick and strong.

Sivir has an innate fantasy of the Xena type warrior Amazonian in her. That had to be preserved, and there was enough to work with on her original base that we could reinforce that fantasy while also keeping some of the visual markers that she had already. Bare midriff, bit of shoulder armor, a hint of nomadic feel.

I'm 100% for whatever the character needs. If that means stripping clothing away for a good thematic reason, then I'll do that. If it means adding on to strengthen a fantasy, then I'll do that too. I like to abide by as much context as I can. Not that I'm going to stick to rigid context, this is a fantasy game after all!

Loc J Leno

09-09-2013

This is a good VU, Parrot. GJ.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

09-09-2013
7 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc J Leno View Post
This is a good VU, Parrot. GJ.
Hmm.. you're name looks familiar.. are you?

..nah.. couldn't be.