Morello: "we dont want to nerf big staple line up champs before worlds"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thryale

09-09-2013

Morello, I've got some champs I'd like to ask you about as well.

First on the subject of DoT mages, I really do enjoy playing cass. I love her concept and her ability to siege at the enemy turret until my team can wear it down. But most of the time, my team would rather chase kills than siege at a turret and slowly push for the win. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, Veigar. I absolutely love playing veigar. I love getting 150 ap on his q and being able to execute almost anyone with dfg and voidstaff. What are your thoughts on him and why doesn't he ever see play in the pro league? He has a stun that makes many champs ult's weep tears of jealousy and a great kit over all. Why is he not played more?

DrShroob

09-09-2013

Tryndamere. You say he's in a good spot, but isn't it a bit unfair that he can win lane by sheer luck at level 2 due to his passive?

Morello

Lead Designer

09-09-2013
18 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshockk View Post
I'm wondering when the proposed Fiora buffs you were working on are going to make it to pbe. I think i remember you saying they would be up by the time Yi's rework was up and running, but I havn't seen anything recently other than the kinda sorta bug fix on her Ult.

Not sure why i quoted btw.
Have to check - likely S4 and Worlds work taking priority.

Borigrad

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think it's a cost-benefit thing. If Ahri does what they do, and is mobile, then there's no contest. If Ahri is highly mobile but has some cost associated it that allow Annie and Brand to compete, then that's great. Udyr is the Fighter example of where this works.

Annie's actually in a good spot, but agreed Brand is in a bit of a lull due to this.
Support annie is in a good spot, i don't know much of her being played as a AP carry.

I would really love your thoughts on Malzahar, you would think with the popularity of J4 he would be good, cause of Cataclsym+Null Zone combos. But all the mobility really hurts him, making his Q and W really hard to use consistently, his R is good as an anti-tank tool, but there are so many sources of disruption, that even if he uses it on a tank, he can't really hold it for long or safely.

Malzahar does a lot of damage, perhaps the most in the game cause of Null Zone's ridic scaling, but he just can't get access to it cause of consistentcy issues, for 2 years now.

Oseoros

09-09-2013

Just as a sidenote for the big guy, crowdsourcing is pretty effective- you have a lot of people that are volunteering their time/efforts for free already. Why not just host a competition to see who can produce the most favorable reworks (get a top 3 or something and run them through the PBE), doling out whatever prizes you deem appropriate (if any. I mean, these guys are already offering free labor)

It's not as though you have to actually implement anything, but it can't hurt too much can it? This is something I always wonder about, re why we don't see more of it

namielise

09-09-2013

Morello,i really really care about soraka so please can u tell us when can we discuss her current state?and if she needs a rework or simple changes ?(i think she needs a full rework)

Zezockary

09-09-2013

Thank you for taking time to come to the forums and answer questions. This is why I really like Riot more than other game companies.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
I've said it before, let me rework soraka. I'll make her really fun, while staying true to her design.

I'll do it pro-bono.

Edit: But seriously tho, i would really like a legit real discussion about non-mobile casters like Annie, Swain, Brand, Malzahar, Cassiopeia, Vlad. If you ever get a chance.
My own personal thoughts about those...

Annie sees a lot of play in China as a support (rightfully so with her utility and pushing ability which are not item-reliant.)

Malzahar sees a lot of play from me as a support, whom I believe to be OP in the role (3s Silence, 2.5s Suppression, tons of non-item reliant damage in all stages of the game).

Vlad comes in and out of flavor depending on top lane flavors, and is a superb split pusher.

Swain is a snowball.

Brand...I think is too reliant on a perfect engage to be useful in a Composition, while always being useful in a team fight.

And Cassiopeia suffers from "I play like an ADC that can't kite" from how her mechanics work -- She wants to poison a target and spam E almost like an ADC's auto attack. But unlike an ADC, she can't just A+Click behind her and still deal damage. She has to right click behind her, then E+click (or E-smartcast) onto a target in front, then right click behind her and keep moving the mouse back and forth. She has a ton of damage, and really only sees competitive play alongside a Yorick, because his 10 second (or however long it is) revive is the only thing that enables her to get her damage off, because of simply how unwieldy her "kiting" ability is. If, somehow, she could use Attack Move to cast Twin Fang on the nearest poisoned target, she'd be substantially better with no actual numerical buffs.

TFTG Fox

09-09-2013

Thanks Morello for making this thread!

What are your current thoughts on Pantheon, as in his ult. I see it only as an exit, as anyone who can see the ring before he man-drops in can just walk out. What's going to happen to the manliest man in the League?

Loveshockk

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Have to check - likely S4 and Worlds work taking priority.
Ouch, that hurts =(.