Morello: "we dont want to nerf big staple line up champs before worlds"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-09-2013
10 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41noob View Post
morellos getting flamed really hard, while I agree the nerfs for some champions are taking too long flaming him isn't going to help at all.
This always happens when I've been gone awhile. Tank's gotta tank!

FalconPawwwwnch

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Some of that, yes, but also like "Vi should be tuned around a dive fighter" where "Udyr is a powerful mid-line fighter."

Ahh alright that makes more sense.

I still think if you're going to make changes to the way fighters work, the dps fighters should be changed to something like having low base damages, higher innate tankiness, and good damage scaling. I mean you want to give each one a distinct purpose right? This gives those fighters the purpose of dealing a mad ton of damage. When you guys buffed the hell out of AD this season if made AD ratios so much more important, where are jax's ratios? He has a 1:1 ratio on leap. Irelia's? See what I mean? Give these champions an incentive to build damage but give them smaller innate tankiness passively (like new olaf, I like) or giant defense steroids limited (jax). It makes it so they don't become monster tanks with insane base damages but actually build damage to deal it. What do you think?

Sasaeru

09-09-2013

Quote:
Kassadin: Too strong, but because he's so feast/famine. Needs some big work, but I'm at a loss on this one.

Zed: A bit too strong, but want to see longer term effects of previous nerfs. Not against more.

Ahri: Solid - pretty close, but popular right now.

Galio: Tough to make room for in a team, but doesn't have enough levers to balance. Needs light rework.

Taric: Same as above.

Ziggs: I think great in lane, does ??? late game in teamfights.
Ziggs is just a champion that doesn't really fit with the meta right now. He actually does ungodly amounts of damage in team fights IF you pick the right fights. Ultimately when you guys added the increased distance that it pushes him on his satchel charge, I think you made him far more viable than people care to admit. I want to say good job on that change.

Tisasecret

09-09-2013

Morello, Nidalee is my favorite champion and it would mean alot to me to know your thoughts and opinions on her

InubashiriMomiji

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastamune View Post
It feels like the way you judged those champions, especially Zac, was basically saying that they felt good to play because they were relatively unpunishing and effective. And that's not necessarily a bad thing in a vacuum, but it is when other picks exist; where does Amumu go when Zac exists? Where does Taric go when Thresh exists? These champions feel good because they're strong, but they make other champions feel bad because they're at such a different level that they almost entirely obsolete older parts of the game.

MetaI Golem

09-09-2013

Quote:
This always happens when I've been gone awhile. Tank's gotta tank!
What's a "tank"? this is S3 bro..all r squishy

Irelia Bot

09-09-2013

Can we stop being so negative with all the nerf talk.

Instead let's talk about positing idea's like buffing leblanc back to a rage inducing state.

margalolwut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

Quote:
I don't remember the promise for that in S2 - my bad if that was the case.

Speaking of nerfs.. don't you think it is counter productive to the "meta" that some champs are nerfed into oblivion and never see the competitive day light again? Olaf, Darius, Jayce (to a certain extent), Irelia, Jax, come to mind.

Is the "balance team" aware of this? Is it on your radar at all?

My main concern here is that there are 100+ champs, but only 20-30 are actually used in competitive play. Does this concern you or does the balance team not even think of this?

Tyrannus0

09-09-2013

Morello, what's the state of Jarvan and Lee Sin?

People argue their skill floor and cap outweigh their incredible rewards, but these champions do seem capable of anything, and they get brought up on being "OP" by some. Not quite as many as say, Vayne.

Mikemaximum

09-09-2013

Report morello for going tank anivia