Morello: "we dont want to nerf big staple line up champs before worlds"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetaI Golem

Senior Member

09-09-2013

Every one say something about Zac and world championship prior to posting a question and act pissed otherwise he won't give a rat's ass about what you said.

@Morello, Talon. New Passive. Or explain. Or just. New Passive. Zed has a half decent passive is why he's viable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InubashiriMomiji

Senior Member

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What?

AD assassins are generally good - Kha'zix, Rengar for awhile, Zed is a top pick. OK.

ADC's have been nerfed across the board. Their relative power is very high still (remember how we'd nerfed ADC 'into oblivion' in Season 3?)

Borigard, you have three years of practice being mad and cynical at this stuff because you don't understand that game balance both occurs on the design side and play side in trends - a combination of balance changes and player skill mean increases that affect how the game is played.
I'm willing to meet you half-way here and admit that champion balance isn't a class-wide affair and that it's more that individuals are stronger than their peers than it is entire classes that require fundamental changes. That being said, doesn't that exactly convey why it's disappointing when individuals like Elise and Zac remain a priority pick/ban across the spring and summer season when they should have been recognized as incredibly exceptional and even game-warping before this point?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LxLegend

Senior Member

09-09-2013

Morello is Master Yi in a balanced state at the moment or do you think the balance team will need to take another look at him.

He doesn't seem to be doing too well outside of bronze league in ranked and even in Arams using him as become significantly more challenging compared to other auto attacking assassins who have higher difficulty ratings.

Personally I miss his base attack speed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlamingoFondue

Member

09-09-2013

But seriously Morello...................tryndamere.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-09-2013
9 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph289 View Post
Morello, can you give one-line answers to your thoughts on the state of these champions, be they "too strong," "needs rework," etc?
  1. Kassadin
  2. Zed
  3. Ahri
  4. Galio
  5. Taric
  6. Ziggs
Kassadin: Too strong, but because he's so feast/famine. Needs some big work, but I'm at a loss on this one.

Zed: A bit too strong, but want to see longer term effects of previous nerfs. Not against more.

Ahri: Solid - pretty close, but popular right now.

Galio: Tough to make room for in a team, but doesn't have enough levers to balance. Needs light rework.

Taric: Same as above.

Ziggs: I think great in lane, does ??? late game in teamfights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sasaeru

Senior Member

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephyRunsAllDay View Post
I really don't know how he can keep calm and answer these irrelevant-and-already-answered questions.
Probably because he makes more money than all of us combined. I respect that he is continuing on in this thread, but I don't wonder why.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borigrad

Senior Member

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What?

AD assassins are generally good - Kha'zix, Rengar for awhile, Zed is a top pick. OK.

ADC's have been nerfed across the board. Their relative power is very high still (remember how we'd nerfed ADC 'into oblivion' in Season 3?)

Borigard, you have three years of practice being mad and cynical at this stuff because you don't understand that game balance both occurs on the design side and play side in trends - a combination of balance changes and player skill mean increases that affect how the game is played.

Well i was referring to all in AD assassins, things like Talon, Pantheon, Xin Zhao, Shaco. Not Champions literally designed to circumvent the weaknesses of their fore fathers.

As far as the ranged ADC problem is concerned, i don't actually consider it a problem (i'm one of the few people who actually consider them balanced.) I don't even know why you brought it up, i was referring to Melee carries, things like Tryndamere, Irelia, Fiora, Yi, Darius. Things that can carry by doing a lot of damage.

Yes, i can completely comprehend it happens in trends, what i can't comprehend is why it takes so long to actually fix glaring issues, that people are aware of, i don't mean champions that are overpowered. People have been complaining about Mobility Creep for about 2 years now, but you still continue to release incredibly mobile champions. You completely changed how resistances were calculated, but continue to release percent health damage, which is damn hard to build against. These are glaring issues that continue to get worse.

Of course player skill effects how the game is played, i don't get your argument? I don't understand it cause i'm not a designer, is this basically what you are saying? How about this, gimme a chance, let me redesign warwick, or pantheon's ultimate, i'll do it for free.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Angel 2k2

Member

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhliay View Post
And all of that was because there didnt exist an Item Called "Blade of the Ruined King"

All of a sudden, Melee can't chase ADC, Melee get chunked for 15% of their health and get chased to hell and back by a 470MS Vayne. Not to mention, every melee pretty much explodes from getting dealt 500 damage crits from god knows what range even when you have 250 armor and 4000 health.
Because apparently introducing items that do %health damage, nerfing every single health item, nerfing resistances, and nerfing every champion that uses health and resistances as important stats SIMULTANEOUSLY was deemed a good decision by the balance team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chun Li

Senior Member

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Kassadin: Too strong, but because he's so feast/famine. Needs some big work, but I'm at a loss on this one.

Zed: A bit too strong, but want to see longer term effects of previous nerfs. Not against more.

Ahri: Solid - pretty close, but popular right now.

Galio: Tough to make room for in a team, but doesn't have enough levers to balance. Needs light rework.

Taric: Same as above.

Ziggs: I think great in lane, does ??? late game in teamfights.
How about a one-line answer for Vayne. Or maybe Caitlyn..

How about all popular ADC's right now.

Vayne
Caitlyn
Twitch
Ezreal
Poppy (lol.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaIont

Senior Member

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetryguy530 View Post

Also please give Talon a new passive, one that isn't completely cruelly useless and total irony on his entire kit.
.