Morello: "we dont want to nerf big staple line up champs before worlds"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mastamune

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Not ready to share details on this since things are really in flux, but to solve some of the meta-golemy nature of some fighters, and give them distinct places in a teamfight (ie; a team role if one is not present other than "be strong").
honestly, that's enough for me.

You said you were gonna make the jungle better for S3. I think you did a great job for S3. Only thing i wish is for you to address support issues (i know your working on them so yeah...).

as far as zac, elise, thresh.

These are all examples of powerful champion design that i wish people would understand.

The reason Zac is a top pick is because his kit is really really strong and well designed for what it needs to do. In comparison to other junglers, does he stand out? yeah..thats what he needed since his aesthetic design wasn't that strong. His kit is exactly what you want out of a jungler. He stays relevant through all points of the game. There is never a point in the game where your like "****, wish i was on any other champion". This makes Zac a contested pick. It makes Zac a great champion and a great design. The same thing that makes Zac strong is what makes Jarvan, Nasus and elise strong as junglers.

The reason Elise is so strong is because of the percentages on her kit. Broken? in comparison to other champions maybe, but design wise this keeps her relevant in a game that's designed around snowballing and getting stronger. That's why she can be so impactful late game and do some many plays.

Thresh. I don't think he's OP, I think every other support in this game needs to be pulled up to his level. He feels strong playing, he scales into late game and doesn't just fall off. He can still do decent damage provided he's been playing his mini game and he can provide amazing utility. He's a strong support, just like Nami. If Nami had some sort of passive that gave her bonus AD based off of water puddles she picked up she would be stronger, just as contested. If Taric could pick up shards from his abilities and improve his armor and skills he would be amazing. If Leona could gain AD/Armor or MR off of every passive procced she would be a really strong support that scaled extremely well into late game.

THe issue is is that Thresh is the first support that actually friggin scales stat wise into late game. THis makes him a contested pick and a great pick. AND WHAT MAKES IT EVEN BETTER IS HE DOESNT FIT INTO EVERY COMP. Some adcs don't want him, some want sona for bonus poke (Ez) some want janna shields for trading and extra protection and peel(Graves). Some just want to farm and want amazing disengage and bonus damage (Ashe/Zyra).

The most contested champions are one of two things.

Either out right broken (jayce, Kha)

or

really well designed. (Elise, Zac, Jarvan, Thresh, Nami, Caitlyn, Ez).

Zerglinator

09-09-2013

Quote:
I don't remember the promise for that in S2 - my bad if that was the case.
AHeroNamedHawke! This is the part where you have some witty picture to respond to the idea that Morello can't remember his promises!

A Master Shaco

09-09-2013

Quote:
And Olaf changes come in next patch. They were slated for last patch, but needed more work.

And we nerfed Zac to what we thought would be a good state - without overdsoing it as is called for by the original thread. You think he's GROSSLY overpowered. I never said anywhere that we thought that.

So, do you want to discuss something, or just get mad? I got time for the first.
That's fine and all, but when will Tryndamere and Nidalee be dealt with.
Nidalee needs a flat out rework.

AHeroNamedHawke

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma Beoulve View Post
As a ranged ad main, I'm gonna call bs on our power being "very high."
Do you main Vayne as well then

Irelia Bot

09-09-2013

On another note why is Kass ban worthy in LCS and solo que while Leblanc is in such a sad state that even some long time leblanc players have somewhat given up on her?

They are both high mobility, high damage assassins.

Misogoop6

09-09-2013

Morello, I'm sorry people treat you worse than Teemo. You're just doing your job, and trying to decrease toxic champs.

41noob

09-09-2013

morellos getting flamed really hard, while I agree the nerfs for some champions are taking too long flaming him isn't going to help at all.

it's taking too long for blatantly overpowered champions like vayne/elise to get nerfed but yeah.

KxhY

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel 2k2 View Post
Then Olaf gets brought up in response to an obvious logical fumble on your part.
Olaf was a mistake. So Riot, knowing this, should...repeat the mistake? How does that make any sense?

Dessembrae

09-09-2013

Morello, since you are active tonight, what are your thoughts on J4 balance right now?

MephyRunsAllDay

09-09-2013

I really don't know how he can keep calm and answer these irrelevant-and-already-answered questions.