Morello: "we dont want to nerf big staple line up champs before worlds"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snifflebear

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InubashiriMomiji View Post
Your statement of the history of this just proves our point; Riot has been notoriously bad at balancing out the pool of champions viable at the competitive level.

It's fine for teams to want to win, but it's not fine for the health of the game or the sport if winning means that you have to pick either Zac, or Elise, or Jarvan for your jungle spot even though theoretically there are 20 or so contenders because every other option is an inferior trap.
Then why is it that Meteos, the MVP of Summer split stated that League's balance was pretty good and the only champions that were a bit too strong were Zac and Zed? Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...os_ama/cc0kuao

And why is it that you can pick Eve jungle and win? And why is it that Vi has been in the jungle for the finals of Korean regionals? And Nasus Jungle? Aatrox jungle in Eu? You're using a lot of hyperbole.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-09-2013
7 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel 2k2 View Post
I just... Everything about this whole fiasco is a farce.

FIrst you blatantly admit that you know Zac is broken. But you're scared to do anything substantial to him because pros use him.

In other words you are leaving him broken because you don't want to upset the meta.

Then Olaf gets brought up in response to an obvious logical fumble on your part.

AND YOU LAUGH.

The sheer, overwhelming incompetence of the balance team is downright baffling.

Put the balance of the game on hold because we might rustle some pro players' jimmies a little too hard and they might have to adapt to something.
And Olaf changes come in next patch. They were slated for last patch, but needed more work.

And we nerfed Zac to what we thought would be a good state - without overdoing it as is called for by the original thread. You think he's GROSSLY overpowered. I never said anywhere that we thought that.

So, do you want to discuss something, or just get mad? I got time for the first.

AHeroNamedHawke

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by borigrad View Post
"well fix ad assassins for season 2." nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
ad assassins are generally good - kha'zix, rengar for awhile, zed is a top pick. Ok.
Quote:
Quote:
ad assassins are generally good - kha'zix, rengar for awhile, zed is a top pick. Ok.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
season 2
Quote:
reading is hard
Name:  please.jpg
Views: 8311
Size:  80.9 KB

Dryad Soraka

09-09-2013

@morello why do you ignore anything and everything soraka

SlumlordThanatos

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Not to be a Cynic, but I've heard this about 3 times now. "well fix AD assassins for Season 2."
Zed...Rengar...Kha'Zix...
Quote:
"We'll fix Melee carries in season 3"
Aren't people *****ing about Tryndamere right now? And didn't they just get done reworking Master Yi and fixing Fiora's ult?
Quote:
"we'll fix Bruisers for season 4" Sorry if i don't get my hopes up.
I'd be careful what you wish for. Wasn't it the League of Bruisers during the preseason?

Have some faith, dude.

sarcasmsmurf

09-09-2013

@morello.... thoughts on triforce now? are we seeing the begining of the leauge of triforce?

Morello

Lead Designer

09-09-2013
8 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHeroNamedHawke View Post
I don't remember the promise for that in S2 - my bad if that was the case.

Azhliay

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What?

AD assassins are generally good - Kha'zix, Rengar for awhile, Zed is a top pick. OK.

ADC's have been nerfed across the board. Their relative power is very high still (remember how we'd nerfed ADC 'into oblivion' in Season 3?)

Borigard, you have three years of practice being mad and cynical at this stuff because you don't understand that game balance both occurs on the design side and play side in trends - a combination of balance changes and player skill mean increases that affect how the game is played.
And all of that was because there didnt exist an Item Called "Blade of the Ruined King"

All of a sudden, Melee can't chase ADC, Melee get chunked for 15% of their health and get chased to hell and back by a 470MS Vayne. Not to mention, every melee pretty much explodes from getting dealt 500 damage crits from god knows what range even when you have 250 armor and 4000 health.

Sasaeru

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma Beoulve View Post
As a ranged ad main, I'm gonna call bs on our power being "very high." Had a 0-7 Talon 100-0 me when I was 7-0 beating him in lane... balanced.
AD ASSASSIN. Regardless of the fact that you may not believe it, just being 0/7 and you being 7/0 doesn't give us enough information. For all we know, he had 350 farm and had a bunch of items, in which case, he is SUPPOSED to 100-0 an adc. It's his sole job.

Gaggle of Koalas

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
And Olaf changes come in next patch. They were slated for last patch, but needed more work.

And we nerfed Zac to what we thought would be a good state - without overdsoing it as is called for by the original thread. You think he's GROSSLY overpowered. I never said anywhere that we thought that.

So, do you want to discuss something, or just get mad? I got time for the first.
You can spell OBOE SHOES on a calculator.

Thought you'd like to know.