Morello: "we dont want to nerf big staple line up champs before worlds"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

Morello, can you give one-line answers to your thoughts on the state of these champions, be they "too strong," "needs rework," etc?

1. Kassadin
  2. Zed
  3. Ahri
  4. Galio
  5. Taric
  6. Ziggs

KevinDelMarr

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I admit, I lol'd
The hits just keep on coming

Can you tell me what you've done with the real Morello? Or have you always been this way and I never noticed it? Like wow, I'm speechless at your recent behavior, all I can say is I'm speechless (been on this post for 5 minutes now, can't think of anything mature to say)

Iron Angel 2k2

09-09-2013

I just... Everything about this whole fiasco is a farce.

FIrst you blatantly admit that you know Zac is broken. But you're scared to do anything substantial to him because pros use him.

In other words you are leaving him broken because you don't want to upset the meta.

Then Olaf gets brought up in response to an obvious logical fumble on your part.

AND YOU LAUGH.

The sheer, overwhelming incompetence of the balance team is downright baffling.

Put the balance of the game on hold because we might rustle some pro players' jimmies a little too hard and they might have to adapt to something.

xXSorianXx

09-09-2013

Sion buffs where

Morello

Lead Designer

09-09-2013
6 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Not to be a Cynic, but I've heard this about 3 times now. "well fix AD assassins for Season 2." Nope. "We'll fix Melee carries in season 3" yeah didn't happen "we'll fix Bruisers for season 4" Sorry if i don't get my hopes up.
What?

AD assassins are generally good - Kha'zix, Rengar for awhile, Zed is a top pick. OK.

ADC's have been nerfed across the board. Their relative power is very high still (remember how we'd nerfed ADC 'into oblivion' in Season 3?)

Borigard, you have three years of practice being mad and cynical at this stuff because you don't understand that game balance both occurs on the design side and play side in trends - a combination of balance changes and player skill mean increases that affect how the game is played.

EDIT: Read too fast on ADC. We did say we didn't think it'd be enough, but hoped the new items would help (though Tryndamere is pretty good now, and Yi can be at least).

nillthium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPawwwwnch View Post
Are you guys going to continue to overload the hell out of new champions' kits? Those champions have been problematic this entire season. Jayce/Elise/Zac etc.

Like when are you guys going to stop making champions that have everything? It's not good for the game at all Morello. Also, the 2v1 changes you guys made did absolutely nothing to change the dominant strategy.

Also, CertainlyT promised helping changes to fighters. What exactly are some of these?
i am with you man , but riot actually like this concept.
they think it make the champion more fun while taking more skill then older less "overloaded" champions.
and while they do it they are trying to not make champions like irelia, that dont take much skill for her overall power.

personally i dont like this concept cause i like older champions (my favorite is veigar and old master yi (before change)) and i dont like powercreep.

MetaI Golem

09-09-2013

Hi Morello. what made you choose Anivia as your avatar? Also thanks for buffing Irelia with the new Trinity force it does tons and tons of damage and is op i can pwn any nooblord.

Also please give Talon a new passive, one that isn't completely cruelly useless and total irony on his entire kit.

FlamingoFondue

09-09-2013

Attachment 777115

Zerglinator

09-09-2013

Quote:
What?

AD assassins are generally good - Kha'zix, Rengar for awhile, Zed is a top pick. OK.

ADC's have been nerfed across the board. Their relative power is very high still (remember how we'd nerfed ADC 'into oblivion' in Season 3?)

Borigard, you have three years of practice being mad and cynical at this stuff because you don't understand that game balance both occurs on the design side and play side in trends - a combination of balance changes and player skill mean increases that affect how the game is played.
Wow, Morello didn't even respect him with getting the name right. That is HARSH.

Alma Beoulve

09-09-2013

Quote:
What?

As a ranged ad main, I'm gonna call bs on our power being "very high." Had a 0-7 Talon 100-0 me at our red when I was 7-0 Vayne beating him in lane... balanced.

I've seen teams with 0 ranged ads win. Same with Dominion; bruisers and champions who build a combination of tank and damage outclass ranged ads.

Attachment 777119