Explanation behind IP removal on custom game please

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
^^^
How we're handling IP rewards and if it should be done separately than XP will be a part of the conversation thanks to this thread.

I can't go into details here, but it's not my intention to BS you. I know that's not a really satisfying response, but it's the best I can do.

Yeah, RAF needs to be reviewed and possibly reworked, I agree.
If you rework it, be sure to have the really super cool ones, like unlocking all content and getting an item named after you.

Kira Onime

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DSKULL View Post
I was thinking if the bots can play 1 as a player vs 5 with 4 more bots and win the game in 6 minutes maybe you guys should offer the bot creaters a job in your A.i. dept because it seems he is a wiz at defeating 5 of your a.i. with one of his yeah. just a thought.

In truth if they can win in 6 minutes the IP/XP is not the place to look for the probelm its in how and your gameplay. Something needs to be changed in bot A.i. and just the custom match to stop 1 player from 6minute complete. I can say after 2+ years and owning over 30 champs i could not in my life complete a custom in under 15minutes. But im not expert. Maybe if i got lucky with like darius, or viegar or akali i could finish it in 15minutes. but 6 minutes wow something is broken in game and its not the reward system. Dont address symptoms, Ip/xp rewards and the referal system address the problem directly. The game play in customs.

You do know you can start a custom game with only yourself in it...... right?

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

I'm satisfy with the Riot's response, and glad to see I was correct.

R3DSKULL

09-09-2013

Quote:
Yeap! Standard internet parlance when the post you're responding to is directly above your own.

They actually don't commonly win. Remember you still get ip/xp when you lose, it's just less.
So then the problem is quite simply no xp/ip rewards till after 20minutes. Problem solved. Even if every 20mins they play and lose thats an hr every 3 games. Make beginner have less ip/xp, then have an intermediate mode with more rewards at 20minutes but the A.i. is much nastier. actually let me just link to my older post on this.

Quote:
hopefully they will finally realize they have a large playerbase who like and solely plays custom games and buff them finally allowing us a chance to have the same experience as those who want to pvp.

My vote for changes should be.

1.first make no player limit on game for earning of IP/XP based on current changes meaning dont have a limit on amount of players required in order to have rewards.

2.Dont have a 180minutes a day for IP/XP

3.Setup higher difficulty levels and scale IP/XP ratios with said gameplay. IF there is 4 settings
A.Beginner Ip/XP rewards are low and it takes 20minutes or so before they are able to make any like before around 80 to 90ip per match.
B.Intermediate Ip/XP rewards are now in line with a custom game of coop vs ai, AI is on par with coop vs AI, IP/XP ratios scale based on number of players. so say 1 player would get more and as you add players it gets easier you get less at 5 players you should go play coop vs AI. SO cap rewards at 4 players.
C.Challenging Ip/XP rewards should be that of coop vs ai with 5 players when with 1 player and scale down when more players are there as with more players its easier.
D.Hard IP/XP rewards should be that of pvp bots should be as hard as can be without being stupid. 1 human vs 5 bots should not give any different amount that 2 or 3 or 4 or 5, as this is much like pvp.

Note: this is rough ideas i threw out they are open to ideas and change but somethings id like to see.

4.All bots have AI, only on harder levels such as intermediate and challenging to some show up and the hardest setting do the newer champions show up.

5.custom mode should be open to all types of games dominion, amram and so on with these 4 difficulty levels. If players want to play coop vs ai or customs they should both have new difficulty levels and rewards for IP/XP scaled to amount of players.

Thats my 2 cents on what id like to see in customs i believe it was the original intent of the designers when they placed all maps in coop and all these options. I think along the way somewhere it got sidelined. I suggest everyone who doesnt like the current changes subimit a support ticket as i did complaining about this and ask for them to reconsider and even consider buffing the customs games.

orghak 7

09-09-2013

Quote:
Hey All,

I wanted to provide a bit of context for these changes. Before I begin though, let me reiterate the current restriction:
  • IP/XP for Custom Games are no longer rewarded unless there are half as many human players as the map was designed for (5 for SR, CS, and HA; 3 for TT)
  • It's still possible to play custom games any number of players (as long as it's not been restricted for load reasons)
The reason we did this was, as some of you had suspected, a reaction to players using bots to farm games for IP/XP. While in an ideal world we'd just ban the accounts and move on, the problem wasn't that people were using these bots on their main accounts to accrue ip/xp. Instead they were exploiting the refer a friend program by creating new bot accounts, leveling them up as referrals, and then giving another account the IP/RP rewards (which in turn they'd launder via other means). This made targeted bans not an effective solution, so instead we had to tackle the problem at its source. This wasn't a limited issue either; check out this report showing the distribution of game end times in NA for the month of July: http://imgur.com/wLFwRBq

Note that we were seeing over 40% of our games end at 6 minutes, and those games were almost completely one player bot games. Those bot accounts would immediately queue up after completing a game and repeat the cycle, which in addition to the rewards issues was also putting a good bit of load on our system.

It's unfortunate that this change ended up hitting players who were playing legitimate games, but our hope was that the affected player size would be very small and primarily only impact people doing things like testing out new champions. This thread and others have brought some light to a legitimate play pattern that we didn't anticipate would be a main form of engagement, and that'll cause some conversations on our end about what the next step forward here should be. It was our intention to evaluate the success of the changes later this week anyway, so once we have that data we'll be able to make an informed decision on if we can be more lax on the restriction.
I call BS, you still see these bots being used in Coop games. They'll just switch to farming Coop vs AI.

Thalandor46

09-09-2013

Is there any chance these Custom changes could be separated from Co-op Vs. AI games? Or at least could First Win Of The Day not be impacted by these changes? I've missed out on a handful of First Wins with particularly fast Dominion co-op games, and with the way my schedule works, I don't always have time to queue up for another. I just hate missing out on First Win, and it seems like a harsh punishment for not delaying Dominion for another 30 seconds.

R3DSKULL

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Onime View Post
You do know you can start a custom game with only yourself in it...... right?
yeah i recall trying it a few times and it told me that if i didnt have 5 players on the field i would recieve no ip/xp and there had to be a full team of 5 vs 5 for ip/xp rewards in summonors rift. this was the last time i tried that and have not since. Has that changed?

Shiister

09-09-2013

Quote:
yeah i recall trying it a few times and it told me that if i didnt have 5 players on the field i would recieve no ip/xp and there had to be a full team of 5 vs 5 for ip/xp rewards in summonors rift. this was the last time i tried that and have not since. Has that changed?
She's talking about before the removal.

Kira Onime

09-09-2013

Quote:

Never tried, just know it's possible.

But the red gave a better response to your question. The player bots don't actually win.

2pudge1cup

09-09-2013

i dont see how this affects botters at all.

at the least they'll go into co-op vs ai games or just get 5 bots in one game.

the only thing this will do is annoy them down slightly... it's a much bigger deterrent to real players.