Explanation behind IP removal on custom game please

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kira Onime

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
-snip-

There are so many other ways you could of went to stop this problem.

This route only ends up pissing off those that played custom games alone legit.

This solution is simply pants on head stupid.

Unqualified

09-09-2013

Why not just completely remove EXP rewards and set IP rewards to a minimum of 20(+) minutes?
Completely destroys leveling up by customs and allows for IP rewards.
IP botting still a problem? Required minimum of 3(~) players(includes bots) on each team.

This would significantly slow the income of botters, leaving the method near useless.

Brackhar

Features Designer

09-09-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

^^^
How we're handling IP rewards and if it should be done separately than XP will be a part of the conversation thanks to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xornov View Post
You are actually going to sit there and tell us that you can't track the ip/rp they are getting from the refer a friend program and where it ends up? How badly is your system set up? Launder indeed, i call BS on you sir, totaly and utterly.
I can't go into details here, but it's not my intention to BS you. I know that's not a really satisfying response, but it's the best I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xornov View Post
Also it seems to me that the problem is the refer a friend program(its been changed twice since i started playing to stop people from "abusing it")maybe its time to take a look at removing it as it only ever seems to be used by people taking advantage of it instead of screwing up another part of the game to try and fix it, you know the whole send the cat after the bird and the dog after the cat and the cow after the dog routine.
Yeah, RAF needs to be reviewed and possibly reworked, I agree.

Anvari12

09-09-2013

Brackhar offers a reasonable explanation. Thinking through the scenarios that might have lead to the custom game changes something like this could be deduced as a likely culprit.

The intersection between those who like bot games and those who don't will be small by by its nature. The two sets probably won't interact much, so the live game players would have little cause for complaint. Remove that as a likely issue. Bot game players seem to have equal motivation to purchase items and aren't 'freeloaders'; remove that as a problem. What else? Server stress? Legit bot players seem to be a minority, so much sever load coming from them would be unexpected. This leave us with an exploit situation, as described, as a cause.

A quick response to what's perceived as very acute problem is understandable. Maybe something more elegant will be forthcoming. A dedicated fan base for custom games can be viewed as a feature rather than a drawback.

R3DSKULL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

Quote:
I can't go into details here, but it's not my intention to BS you. I know that's not a really satisfying response, but it's the best I can do.

Yeah, RAF needs to be reviewed and possibly reworked, I agree.

So im sure since you guys got a good team you will find a way to thwart bots. Give us back customs and now since you realize that its such an important part of many of our game play you will consider buffing the game by adding more bots and difficulty levels so we who want to live in the customs can enjoy the game to its fullest extent? I would really like to see this as would all custom players, the best way around the bots i believe is make it impossible to beat the game without really playing. IF they can get a game won in 6 minutes the problem is in your bots A.i. and the game. I think the best way to tackle it is to fix this so they just cannot win in that time and they need to run a game that would be as hard or challenging as upper levels. Time lock before reward works too. Again i myself prefer customs games with a freind or 2 over playing with randoms. Also i would love if it was harder and there were more enemy bots to choose from based on difficulty lvl.

I sincerly am glad you at riot have realized this is a part of the game not all of us label as pratice but a part of the game we love. We who PVE in our corner deserve as much love of the game as the pvpers. Just like in any other game.

Insentience

09-09-2013

omg its Brackhar, the guy who designed one of my favourite champions! (Anivia)

ARE YOU GONNA MAKE ANOTHER CHAMPION? PLS PLS PLS

Unqualified

09-09-2013

Quote:
^^^
How we're handling IP rewards and if it should be done separately than XP will be a part of the conversation thanks to this thread...
Were those arrows referring to my post?
I'm feelin' all bubbly right now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_lgjxq29Pcg1qafrh6.gif
Views:	96
Size:	436.5 KB
ID:	776971  

R3DSKULL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

I was thinking if the bots can play 1 as a player vs 5 with 4 more bots and win the game in 6 minutes maybe you guys should offer the bot creaters a job in your A.i. dept because it seems he is a wiz at defeating 5 of your a.i. with one of his yeah. just a thought.

In truth if they can win in 6 minutes the IP/XP is not the place to look for the probelm its in how and your gameplay. Something needs to be changed in bot A.i. and just the custom match to stop 1 player from 6minute complete. I can say after 2+ years and owning over 30 champs i could not in my life complete a custom in under 15minutes. But im not expert. Maybe if i got lucky with like darius, or viegar or akali i could finish it in 15minutes. but 6 minutes wow something is broken in game and its not the reward system. Dont address symptoms, Ip/xp rewards and the referal system address the problem directly. The game play in customs.

Slinkywheel

09-09-2013

So just make it so that you only get rewards if you're already level 30?

Or just IP...

Brackhar

Features Designer

09-09-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unqualified View Post
Were those arrows referring to my post?
I'm feelin' all bubbly right now.
Yeap! Standard internet parlance when the post you're responding to is directly above your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DSKULL View Post
I was thinking if the bots can play 1 as a player vs 5 with 4 more bots and win the game in 6 minutes maybe you guys should offer the bot creaters a job in your A.i. dept because it seems he is a wiz at defeating 5 of your a.i. with one of his yeah. just a thought.
They actually don't commonly win. Remember you still get ip/xp when you lose, it's just less.